CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1 (2 Viewers)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    no, it doesn't ;)

Ravenium

January 28, 2013
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @MPisano
    Thanks! Your update allowed me to start the service, but on channel scan I'm getting the error mentioned earlier in the thread..."physical channel 2 frequency: -1 modulation:ModNotSet: No Signal"

Has this worked for anyone else? I'm debating on installing the alpha to get the channels scanned, the upgrading to the beta.

This is about where I gave up and am reinstalling a 32 bit OS. I'm coming over from MythTV where my frontend decided to stop working one day, so I have higher hopes for MP! Unfortunately it looks like CableCards are a bear to work with in a lot of these distros. :(

Ravenium

January 28, 2013
    USA
    Home Country
    Just a quick update here - since it's been established that 64 bit is right out at the moment, I went and installed my shiny new copy of Win8 Pro x86 (32 bit). Near as I can tell, I have the exact same problems as others do: Once the patched files are copied in, TVservice won't start back up, complains of a CLR20 runtime error in Windows logs.

Tried MPisano's rebuild patch and got the exact same error MichaelD is getting (ModNotSet).

At this point, I'm all out of ideas and rather sad that I'll probably have to fall back to WMC and drag a desktop out to the living room for the Super Bowl :-P I do have Vista 32 bit that I could try, but it sounds like PBDA is only Win7 and Win8, correct?

I'm willing to lend whatever time and support I can to testing and troubleshooting - I'm more apt to writing a 50-100 line python script than dabbling in .net, but am willing to do what I can.

Last edited:

jdannels

February 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Hi, I'm very excited to see this thread. I tried Media Portal about a year ago and my DC-2650 was not supported at that time.
    After working with Plex and Windows Media Center, I decided to give this a go with release of 1.3.

After installing 1.3 RC, I saw my Tuner recognized!!! very excited. But when I go to the card itself, there isn't any listing for the US to scan for channels.
    So my question is, am I missing something?

Thanks and I look forward to watching this thread.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As far as I know this patch isn't in MP 1.3 ;)
    And I really can't tell you when it will get in, because mm (the developer) is currently away :/

daimian

Portal Member
    September 11, 2012
    Home Country
    Hopefully the developer will return soon as i'm sure many of us, me included, are excited about its progress.

I will volunteer my time and money for testing/debugging once mm (the developer) returns. I am tired of paying my cable company hundreds a year to 'rent' their hardware when a cableCARD only costs 2$/month.

If mm1352000 returns with further progress I will donate 100$ to him for his hard work. Just a simple "hello, i'm alive and well" from him and i'll gladly donate 20$.

Cheers on the progress and hard work done so far!

Tsaukpaetra

Portal Member
    February 18, 2013
    Home Country
    I am on 1.3 RC (Not Beta or Alpha).
    Somehow I partially upgraded the TvServer somewhat (The service was running, oops, but the files copied over OK?) and my Ceton tuners were recognised in the SetupTV app. That's about as far as I got though, as restarting the service resulted in a semi-ambiguous error:
    Code:
    2013-02-24 00:50:41.741745 [(4)]: Setting up EventWaitHandle with name: Global\MPTVServiceInitializedEvent
    2013-02-24 00:50:42.561792 [(6)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.TypeLoadException: Method 'GetMpGenres' in type 'TvService.TVController' from assembly 'TvService, Version=1.2.300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.
      at TvService.TvServiceThread.OnStart()
      at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    I'm assuming this is due to the Beta versions not having Genre coloring or something?
    Not sure. I still have to get the actual Cable Card from my provider, then I'll try again. Sorry for not posting logs, that's literally all I get when trying to start the service (and MediaPortal itself just complains that the TV services are unreachable obviously ;) )

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm assuming this is due to the Beta versions not having Genre coloring or something?
    I also think this is exactly the problem...
    Sadly mm never published the src :/ so I see no chance in getting this to work with most recent version oO
    But maybe you have luck or mange to decompile the src (c# is pretty easy to decompile) and merge it again with most recent master (but would be a huge amount of work I think oO)

Tsaukpaetra

Portal Member
    February 18, 2013
    Home Country
    Sadly mm never published the src :/ so I see no chance in getting this to work with most recent version oO
    But maybe you have luck or mange to decompile the src (c# is pretty easy to decompile) and merge it again with most recent master (but would be a huge amount of work I think oO)
    Maybe, I'm working on downloading the current trunk and trying to get it to compile. But since my current dev machine is having issues with random reboots (caused by my cheapo Nvidia card), it makes progress really slow... I'll see what I can do.

Currently downloading Master from git.
    I noticed that the last time mm1352000 made a commit was almost five months ago, on one of the branches, and (he?) also had a branch about "Digital Devices", last committed to about a year ago.
    We'll see if it will compile once the download completes! ;)

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom