CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1 (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    One of the things I noticed tho was... that with the current patch (the one I added for MP 1.3 (mm still did the work tho)) has a bad lag time when changing channels and that seems to have been fixed with the unreleased patch I am using now. So you will see some improvements in that regard.
    That is purely due to the difference between PBDA and UPnP/DRI. PBDA adds more layers between MP and the tuner, which makes interaction slower in general. I'd be interested to know if you thought the old patch was slower than using WMC, because theoretically WMC uses PBDA...

Last edited:

bc0508

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    One of the things I noticed tho was... that with the current patch (the one I added for MP 1.3 (mm still did the work tho)) has a bad lag time when changing channels and that seems to have been fixed with the unreleased patch I am using now. So you will see some improvements in that regard.
    That is purely due to the difference between PBDA and UPnP/DRI. PBDA adds more layers between MP and the tuner, which makes interaction slower in general. I'd be interested to know if you thought the old patch was slower than using WMC, because theoretically WMC uses PBDA...
    On the MP patch the tuning is much faster than WMC

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home Country
    I just discovered this thread because I have been considering replacing my 3 cable boxes and analog tuners with a Ceton InfiniTV 4. This definitely looks promising, but I am personally going to have to hold off for now because 32 bit is not an option for me :(

Subscribing to the thread, and if there is anything I can do to help with the 64 bit support side of things I will be more than happy to contribute where possible.

mmain1

November 12, 2012
    Home Country
    I just discovered this thread because I have been considering replacing my 3 cable boxes and analog tuners with a Ceton InfiniTV 4. This definitely looks promising, but I am personally going to have to hold off for now because 32 bit is not an option for me :(

Subscribing to the thread, and if there is anything I can do to help with the 64 bit support side of things I will be more than happy to contribute where possible.

That is my setup too. Any way that I can contribute please don't hesitate to ask.

Ceton Infinitv4 pcie
    Cox Communications Cablecard
    Win7 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz

Last edited:

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Hey guys, no worries. It is happening. Just have some last things to wrap up. It wont be much longer I am sure.

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    I looked at reviews for the ETH 6 on Amazon and NewEgg and I see one recurring complaint, that it is slow to change channels.
    They are using it with media center, so to anyone who has this device with the about to be released MP code, how is it changing channels?

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Usually, you will get the best performance from the card from WMC, as that is what it was designed and tested for. So what you get from WMC you would at best get from MP (or so I would think, @mm135200 can correct me if I am wrong)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom