CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1 (5 Viewers)

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
They must send it some how otherwise the cable boxes would not be able to display it. They don't follow the DVB standard?
About the only thing that is similar is the use of MPEG 2 transport stream - that is the common base. Everything else... different.

North American TV seems very strange from an outsider perspective. ;)
Yeah like I said above even sat tv providers Dish Network in the US and Bell Express in Canada don't follow the DVB standard completely for some reason. And DirectTv isn't even close.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Mike

Just a note: I haven't yet released the patch for 64 bit support. The patch linked in the first post is 32 bit only.
    Also server versions of Windows are not officially supported by the team as some if not all don't contain the necessary components for tuner support.
    There are various places on the internet that supply a patch for tuner support in server versions of Windows.

mm

Mike in Auburn

Portal Member
    April 15, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok, I'll continue to wait for the patch.

I installed MP 1.3.0 final over whatever version TV4Home put on the server and the WHS dashboard recognizes the MP version as 1.3.0 so maybe if I'm lucky your patch will be all I need.

mike

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    1) How's this going?
    2) Has anyone tried that new 6 tuner Ceton ethernet device?

My update ... Time Warner looked promissing regarding making more channels copy-freely, but it cooled off when it got to management.
    Very disappointing. Looks like I will have to wait for FIOS.
    :)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    that sucks!!!! and it seems that the only card that is stopping the patch from being released is the 6 tuner ETH model. All others are working great.

Sigpi007

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    Lyfesaver... do we expect the ETH model to perform as well as a PCIe version? I run a couple MP clients in other rooms in my house tapping into the central mediaportal TV server, and the response time is not terribly snappy when changing channels on those clients. Wondering if running tv channels over ethernet to the TV server, and then from there to the other MP clients in the house will bog things down further.

mmain1

November 12, 2012
    Home Country
    ...it seems that the only card that is stopping the patch from being released is the 6 tuner ETH model. All others are working great.

This is good news. I have the Infinitv4 but Win7 x64 so I'm anxiously awaiting release!
    I'm new to MP but can't wait to ditch WMC.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Lyfesaver... do we expect the ETH model to perform as well as a PCIe version? I run a couple MP clients in other rooms in my house tapping into the central mediaportal TV server, and the response time is not terribly snappy when changing channels on those clients. Wondering if running tv channels over ethernet to the TV server, and then from there to the other MP clients in the house will bog things down further.

Yes, they will preform the same. One of the things I noticed tho was... that with the current patch (the one I added for MP 1.3 (mm still did the work tho)) has a bad lag time when changing channels and that seems to have been fixed with the unreleased patch I am using now. So you will see some improvements in that regard.

Also I want to mention one other thing... another developer was looking at our code/patch and has some suggestions on how to make things even better, so we might be getting that in about the same time we fix the 6 tuner ETH issue.

@mm135200 Is it a good idea to let those who request the patch in its current state have it for some more testing at this level?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @mm135200 Is it a good idea to let those who request the patch in its current state have it for some more testing at this level?
    Hmmm...
    It would be nice to have access to a Prime via a non-VM install just to double-check a few things.
    Also, if there is anyone out there with a Hauppauge DCR-2650... haven't been able to test one of them yet.

So I guess like or respond to this post if you're really keen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom