Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
In simple terms: we cannot render a 1920x1080 skin on a 1024x768 full screen. 1024x768 is what your GPU/Driver combo jumps to when it doesn't see any display. That's perfectly fine.

This info is VERY helpful! (y)

A simple: If resolution is smaller than skin ignore display resolution change and minimize yourself to tray. If the next resolution change comes in with the old resolution then come back from tray. That should work in general, as I am not forcing MP to obey any resolution changes, which I tried. Worked for me as my GPU jumps to the maximum resolution it supports (1920x1200)

Hi Scythe

Reading this reminded me that I run catavolt's PVHD 1080 skin on my 1280x720 TV and it scales fine (see our brief discussion on this page https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/purevisionhd-16-9.28714/page-194 ). I imagine it would scale to the 1024x576 resolution I was running my brother's HTPC at with a SD CRT TV as well but I haven't got round to trying that yet.

So anyway, I hope you're not planning to change MP so that I will no longer be able to use catavolt's skin on my TV. :eek:

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The last changes (custom build based on your branch) behave very badly on my HTPC :). I managed to get MP started 1 out of 20 times. The rest of the times it hangs at initializing directx. Also something in resolution is screwed up in some tries, the text is not in the center of the screen but on the bottom right edge. Logs attached, the bak file is the only successful start. On my DEV pc it is starting normally.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.bak
    84.2 KB

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Regarding RDP/VNC and similar Software:

After some try and errors and googling I conclude that it is impossible to see a real D3D fullscreen over RDP sessions.

Remember that MP didn't "live" in a real full screen before. It was always a borderless window in screen dimensions. I'll add an option for that mode.
    First of all thanks for all your work, I know moaning that things don't work is easier than the actual fixing :D
    Is it possible to detect a RDP session and than switch automatically to "borderless fullscreen window" and after the session back to real fullscreen?
    Maybe i should explain why this RDP stuff is so important for me:

1) It is easier for me to make some adjustments on my HTPC via RDP, because connecting a mouse + keyboard isn't that comfortable, eypecially if you have to sit in front of a big screen and the cables are to short to sit on the couch :D :D
    2) My dad uses sometimes the RDP session on his HTPC to program some recordings, because he is traveling much (MpExtended/WebmediaPortal has no search engine for EPG yet^^)

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, detecting RDP sessions should be possible over System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.TerminalServerSession

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The last changes (custom build based on your branch) behave very badly on my HTPC :). I managed to get MP started 1 out of 20 times. The rest of the times it hangs at initializing directx. Also something in resolution is screwed up in some tries, the text is not in the center of the screen but on the bottom right edge. Logs attached, the bak file is the only successful start. On my DEV pc it is starting normally.
    If you use a custom build can you try to remove the SplashScreen.Run() line for a quick test and check if it still has problems?

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah.. Damit.. I want to test. :mad: The wife is busy behind the tv... Is it possible to do the test through remote desktop? I guess not.
    Ill just set it up and wait till she's gone to sleep.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Windowed mode is not working either. See log.
    If you use a custom build can you try to remove the SplashScreen.Run() line for a quick test and check if it still has problems?

I can tomorrow. Busy with using the working version of MP now :)

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ive got an hour or two now. :)

Here are my findings:
    Start MP 1.3b
    Video starts normally
    Turn off / on Yamaha rxv 661 (HTPC >> Yami >> TV)
    Black screen + after a minute a crash of non responsive MP.
    Attached are the logs.

Specs are hardwarewise up-to-date[DOUBLEPOST=1355780472][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeah, I see the same problem with the splash screen. I just disabled it from config.exe and now it starts up even faster.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom