Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

littlematt

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Just installed MP 1.0.1 and it went pretty smoothly (kind of..) and it's all up and running now but I've got one pretty serious problem - no sound on Prime TV :( I get Prime via a Sky STB/PVR 150 and I know a few of you get Prime or Sky TV the same way so if you've upgraded to 1.0.1 (or when you do) can you let me know if you have any problems.

I've tried almost all of the available Audio Decoders in MPConfig and I'll go and give the few I haven't tried a go but I can't see why my usual decoder (Nvidia) which still works for the DVB-S signal wouldn't be handling the sound for the PVR150 (especially since one of the changes in 1.0.1 is improved support for analogue cards..)

Any ideas out there?....

Bleazle

Only times Ive had issues with sound on prime was when I had the location set to Newfoundland or something rather than New Zealand but if you're getting it from an STB I dont really know sorry as Ive never done this...

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
1.0.1 allows you to configure the audio input for the card within the TV server individual card configuration, by default it is set to automatic, i'd suggest playing around with this.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    1.0.1 allows you to configure the audio input for the card within the TV server individual card configuration, by default it is set to automatic, i'd suggest playing around with this.

Bleazle
    You can even configure the sound per channel.
    See this post for screenshot.

:oops: Are we Springboks even allowed to post here? :D

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    littlematt hit it on the head - that was the problem:D Thanks for the other suggestions though, I'll look at tweaking things a bit more if required.

....:oops: Are we Springboks even allowed to post here? :D

not sure... we might have to put it to a vote.... :D :D

B

evolution2

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi
    I'm setting up mediaportal for bout the 3rd time. I have a DVB-S card and PVR-150 card. I have my sky set top box going through the PVR-150.
    I have all the channel set up that i want to use, both the freeview and sky channels. I have EPG working very well.
    I need help with getting the MCE Remote to change the sky channels using the Blaster?

I have another computer in my bedroom and all works great but when I watch TV through it the picture goes black after a while but the sound is still there, and now when I click My TV the whole screen goes black and i have to hold the power button to restart the computer.

Cheers Brendon

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    :oops: Are we Springboks even allowed to post here? :D

only if we win the super 14, and tri nations

@ evolution2

i've not got round to running sky through my analogue card yet, but i'm fairly sure you should start looking in this thread even if it doesn't provide you with the answers, it's the plugin you need and can play with whilst waiting for help here.

as for your tv viewing issue, are your drivers and codecs up to date?

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    do you read anandtech at all? the claim they play full 1080p content is a bit of a sham by the seems of things atm, the article was pulled so nvidia had time to look into it and offer a solution, that was over a month ago and yet to hear back.

personally though, i'd wait for the dual core solution to be available, that will run windows 7, better hardware, lower os overhead.

littlematt

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    do you read anandtech at all? the claim they play full 1080p content is a bit of a sham by the seems of things atm, the article was pulled so nvidia had time to look into it and offer a solution, that was over a month ago and yet to hear back.

personally though, i'd wait for the dual core solution to be available, that will run windows 7, better hardware, lower os overhead.

Had a wee look at anand... AnandTech: NVIDIA's Ion Platform: Performance Preview seems 1080p playback on h.264 is not bad, pretty much maxes the machine out but seems do-able.... Ive already got my machine (and a baby heh) so wont be splashing out but seems that mainstream htpc use is just around the corner with solutions like this =)

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i was referring to this article when they got their hands on an Ion that wasn't made out of hand picked hardware that would be a cut above the generics going into everything else.

the original article before it got taken down showed quite clearly that you couldn't actually run a blu ray disc, in 1080p it had to be ripped first, and even then it was maxing out the hardware.

nvidia quickly stated the test machine given must have been faulty, but they've yet to replace it, or provide their own tests...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom