Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

Biggles69

Portal Member
April 7, 2008
Nelson
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I doubt the bitrate will ever be as good as it was though, not if tvnz want to have multiple regional feeds to satisfy their advertisers.
"
Have TVNZ stated they intending regional feeds?
Steve Ellis posted this on a geekzone forum 5-APR-2009
"TVNZ have decreased the bitrates on TVOne and TV 2 while they test their regional feeds of TV One. This has resulted in a reduced picture quality on DVB-S."
I'm just checking where he got this info from.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I guess this would rely on installers / end users configuring set boxes for their appropriate regional feed?

Biggles69

Portal Member
    April 7, 2008
    Nelson
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I guess this would rely on installers / end users configuring set boxes for their appropriate regional feed?
    I know at least one of the "offical" freeview DVB-s receivers has a select region option when you first hook them up, i don't know about the other brands/models.

evolution2

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

I have been playing around with mediaportal for a while and have got most things sorted like different skins, moving pictures, tv series with fan art etc.
    I have got freeview satellite channels tuned in through a Haupauge NOVA S card and have my SKY set top box connected to a Haupauge PVR-150
    I have all the channels and guide working very well
    Now I am trying to set up mediaportal to change the SKY STB when i select a channel in Mediaportal. i know I have to use IRSS with MCE and TV3 plugins.
    But after trying bout 4 times I cant get them to work.

Can someone please tell me how to install these components and were to put the plugin files etc.
    I have tried to setup IRSS 1.0.4.1 and have had it changing channels for a short time but with 1.0.4.1 when i move around in Mediaportal it jumps 2 at a time( I did untick MCE remote in setup first)

I have tried IRSS 1.4.2 but when I try to enter plugin setup in TV server configuration it says Error "Failed to start local comms. IR functions tempoary disabled"

My setup is Server/Client in lounge and client in bedroom. Do i need to do anything to bedroom client to make this blaster function work from there

I have reinstalled windows and mediaportal so many times its really starting annoy me trying to get this main feature sorted
    Any help would be great as this the last thing I need to complete an awesome program setup.
    If anyone happens to be in Timaru I would pay to have this sorted

Thanks
    Brendon

philhend

Portal Member
    August 15, 2007
    mySKY HD to MediaPortal via HD-PVR

I can confirm that the following works perfectly for me...

I have mySKY HD connected to a HDFURY2 via HDMI cable, and the Fury connected to the HD-PVR via component cables - sound is a direct optic from sky box to hd-pvr.

MediaPortal 1.0.1 happily brings up full Sky HD 720/1080i.... Like a charm.

The MCE Replacement plugin changes the mysky Box perfectly via MCE blasters - unbeliveably well...

This combined with freeview DVB-t card and it all just works... Using Arcsoft decoders.....

Now have HD flowing across Ethernet 100mb to two HD TV's......

If any one needs a hand or questions just shout....

My utopia has been reached for now.... Have even added a freenas which is a god send.....

Cheers

Phil

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ philhend - can you add your system specs to your profile when you get a chance? I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to check them out :D

Cheers

Bleazle

evolution2

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can confirm that the following works perfectly for me...

I have mySKY HD connected to a HDFURY2 via HDMI cable, and the Fury connected to the HD-PVR via component cables - sound is a direct optic from sky box to hd-pvr.

MediaPortal 1.0.1 happily brings up full Sky HD 720/1080i.... Like a charm.

The MCE Replacement plugin changes the mysky Box perfectly via MCE blasters - unbeliveably well...

This combined with freeview DVB-t card and it all just works... Using Arcsoft decoders.....

Now have HD flowing across Ethernet 100mb to two HD TV's......

Cheers

Phil

Hi
    I have now updated to MP 1.0.1 and have the blasting working great and easy with this version.
    I also have a client computer in my bedroom what do I need to do to it to allow it to change the sky box also?

After updating to MP 1.0.1 I have no sound on channels that are from my SKY decoder. Changes channels mint and have good Video but no sound have tried different audio codecs in MP Config?

Thanks
    Brendon

philhend

Portal Member
    August 15, 2007
    I use the lastest MCE Replacement Plugin to control the STB on the TVServer box... When you connect a client installation to the TVServer and change the channel it tells TV Server to change the channel on the main server.. Have to configure the TV3 blaster plugin to the card that requires the blast....

Regarding sound... use graphedit to load up the video and see what graph is created... What type of video is it? what is the source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom