Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

zxcvbnm2

Portal Pro
March 23, 2006
New Zealand/Whangarei
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have a 9.750/10.600 ghz lnb now and it works just fine. Now to get my laptop working as a client.

Do you have a working epg Rhys, I have a working one with normal MP but nothing with the TVengine 3.

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey zxcvbnm2, Yeah I have a P4 toshiba A70 with the screen reversed (like a tablet) hanging on my bedroom wall :) I reccommend uisng wired ethernet tho; tends to make things a bit smoother. Using a network is still a bit buggy with the latest SVNs e.g. if you the the stream for more than a few seconds the network crashes! Hopefully this one will be fixed soon! But yeah it is working and I'm watching TV on it.

herbium

March 3, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
New MP User - Hi All

Another new NZer -Are you sick of that type of message yet?

I have converted from MCE2005 to MP because of the ability to map channels to tuners. I have a Hauppauge PVR500MCE and have just had Sky digital installed. Ive got pretty much everything going except the IR Blaster to control the STB

I have downloaded MyBlaster, learnt the remote controls with Blaster.exe but cannot get the stb to change channels.

The decoder is a Pace DSR2000 and the blaster is the one that comes with Hauppage card.

Am I missing anything real simple?
Cheers

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

zxcvbnm2

Portal Pro
March 23, 2006
New Zealand/Whangarei
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have a working MP now, EPG and everything with TV engine 3 apart from it says my ATI550 isn't a radio tuner. Does the TV engine support radio yet.

I have also tried the LNB override settings with the double NZSky LNB with no success. I think it needs the 22khz switch turned off to work.

If they changed the EPG to MPEG-5, won't that stuff up every FTA decoder. I would think that they would have do both to keep it compatible with everything.

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
well it would stuff up the epg. I heard (and it could be just wild speculation) that the "playing now" and "playing next" EPG data would work but not the 7 day epg. But either way hopefully there should be mheg support for MP soon.

jrslick22

March 24, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Another new NZer -Are you sick of that type of message yet?

I have converted from MCE2005 to MP because of the ability to map channels to tuners. I have a Hauppauge PVR500MCE and have just had Sky digital installed. Ive got pretty much everything going except the IR Blaster to control the STB

I have downloaded MyBlaster, learnt the remote controls with Blaster.exe but cannot get the stb to change channels.

The decoder is a Pace DSR2000 and the blaster is the one that comes with Hauppage card.

Am I missing anything real simple?
Cheers

Same here......just about given up. seems to complicated for the layman

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey,
I've never setup a setbox with ir blaster but I'd this probably isn't the best place to ask about. stb with ir blaster is not specific to New Zealand. So have have a look around for some other threads to ask these questions. Don't give up! MP is really worth it! ;-D

MacboyAKL

January 22, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi I had the same issues.

Managed to get everything working now - except my guide wont show anymore yet if I hit info it shows the program.. weird.

anyways I spent 3 months trying to get the channels changing - heres my advice.

go to downloads and get the latest exe for mce replacement plugin.
Install it.

then go to your mediaportal setup - plug ins
scroll down until you find mce replacement plug.

right click on the mce replacement plugin - configuration

select external channels.
then quick setup.

My sky box is an older motorola so Sky Zenith worked for me.
Go through each sky configuration until you have the blaster working.
set speed to fast.

then hit set and bingo you're done.

cant believe it took so long to figure that out.
blasting works 100% now.

if anyone has any ideas about my guide dissapearing then let me know.

M

chrisnz

Portal Member
April 19, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey ppl, another aucklander here.
heard my mate talkinga bout this at work, so bought a hauppuage 150 MCE the next day and was home chucking it on the dedicated box i got for it last night, xp 2000+ with only 140 gigs of space.

Got it going that night, runs well. Have a few video card sutters every few seconds from the fx5200 GFX card but i think thats a driver issue, should be able to fix it ok..

But the xmltvnz application just does my head in. i can get the xml data. but trying to get my media centre to pick it pu is just confusing. I think i have all the channels named wrong. how does the MP know what xml data is for which channel? where do i Name the channels correctly for this to work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom