Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (8 Viewers)

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MP has always had issues playing DVD's, at least at our place. Even with MP 1.5 and all LAV filters, most DVD menus will not work. I'm always having to rip the DVD main movie to hard drive before we can watch a rental movie. It's a real pain. A small number of DVD's we can just click the up or down arrow and it appears. Anyone know if a solution is coming. It is a basic requirement of a media player to play DVD's out of the box.

My earlier install of MP 1.3 under Windows XP on a MacMini also had problems initially, but once I went to 1.3 or somewhere they all disappeared. When previously you wouldnt see the Menu options or you'd get no Video it all started working well. Have since gone to Windows 7 and MP so probably cant really compare.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Since this is not an NZ-specific problem it would be better to start a new thread. Please be sure to specify which OS and DVD navigator you are using, and whether you have DXVA enabled or not. I note all of this information would have been included in log files if you had posted them. Please always post log files if you're asking such questions.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'll try to find time to do that. It's Win7 Ultimate SP 1 with all Windows Updates installed. Standard DVD Navigator, greyed out in the config. DXVA in use. Is that the problem?

Are there other DVD navigators that can be installed?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Standard DVD Navigator, greyed out in the config.
    Okay, so that means you currently only have the one option.

DXVA in use. Is that the problem?
    Possibly. You can only tell by trying. It was certainly the first thing I thought of, but I assumed you'd have seen that setting/warning and tried ticking it before asking for help.
    The other thing is:
    1. Make sure your version of LAV is updated.
    2. Don't hesitate to try other codecs.

Off the top of my head (at work right now), I think I ended up with ffdshow (rather than LAV or Cyberlink) for DVD playback... but then I almost always play ISOs... but I'm pretty sure I recall fiddling because I had trouble dealing with menus even from ISOs.

Are there other DVD navigators that can be installed?
    I'm not an expert on DVD playback, but as far as I know there are no free or open source navigators available. Again, don't quote me. :)
    I do know Cyberlink, Arcsoft and other DVD playback software sometimes install their own navigators.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You know I've never disabled DxVA before as I thought that may also affect TV and HD videos but I see now it's a separate setting for only DVD's so I'll try that. I'm not sure DxVA was being used anyway as I have ffdshow as a post processor to sharpen DVD images.

I really need to use the LAV filters as I need an audio delay configured due to the audio going through a separate stereo system and the TV has a roughly 200ms video delay.

Thanks MM.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    One strange issue someone may have a clue about. There is one Sky channel MTV Classic which will not work on one of my 2 tuners. It takes around 20 seconds and then shows a blank screen with no audio. However, if the first tuner is in use and I select the channel, it then works. I swapped the dual LNB coaxes around and it made no difference, so it's not the LNBs. I've now removed the channel from the first tuner in TV Mapping and that has fixed it. All other sat channels work fine in both tuners so this problem seems very peculiar. The 2 tuners are on the same card. Any ideas? Or just a dodgy tuner?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Any ideas?
    I don't mean to be grumpy, but as with your post this afternoon... log files! Please please please please please. Nobody can make accurate and sensible suggestions about such issues without log files. I'm so happy to help anybody with almost any issue - especially TV Server issues - but my hands are tied until I get the information I need to figure out what is going on. After more than 300 posts and my reminder this afternoon I would hope that you know (a) that log files are required and (b) how to grab them.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Honestly, these kinds of posts are the most frustrating posts I have to make. Please save my sanity and don't make me ask again. :)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here are logs. I checked the logs and couldn't see anything obvious. if you want to see logs with MTV Classics working in the other tuner then let me know.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      9.5 KB
    • TVService.zip
      14.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here are logs. I checked the logs and couldn't see anything obvious. if you want to see logs with MTV Classics working in the other tuner then let me know.
    If you check the TsReader log you'll see tons of PES 0-0-1 errors. That means decryption issues. Please check your plugin configuration for that tuner. Given the nature of the problem, I can't help further than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom