Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is it correct that the TV Server component is fully stable...
    Maybe not fully stable, but it's stable enough for most people.

Yes, it is in "Code Freeze" so no "official" updates since a long time.
    ...and the reason for the code freeze is that a new version of TV Server is under development.

evolution2

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi
    Are any others using the newer Sky decoders?
    Ive been getting those phone calls from sky but am very reluctant to change as not sure if it will be compatible with Mediaportal

Thanks
    Brendon

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Perhaps I'll wait for the new TV Server before going to MP2. It will be a major inconvenience losing all the scheduled programs, particularly series that are not currently showing (between seasons).

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It will be a major inconvenience losing all the scheduled programs
    You don't have to loose any of your schedules... You simply can export them from MP1 and later import them in MP2 with in-build Export/Import function of TV Configuration Tool...
    I'm recording lots and lots of series (60++). I never would made the switch if I had loose all my schedules by this...

tm19

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2015
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Using MP 1.12. Looking for help on audio sync. This has been happening for a while, maybe since a big channel shakeup a few months, but that may be coincidence. Refreshing the tuning has made no difference. This only affects my Kordia channels. Here's what happens:

1. start playing recorded video - audio may or may not be in sync
    2. if out of sync, jump back 15 secs or forward 15, or back back 30 and forward 15; sometimes it takes one jump to get back in sync; other times it takes two or three goes; eventually I can get it back in sync
    3. jump through ads to the next segment, which may or may not start playing in sync; if out of sync, go to (2) above; wash, rinse, repeat

Let me know what logs I need to include, if any. Thanks!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Exactly the same issue also happens with MP2 some times. During development and testing of HEVC (h265) support for TV Server (DVB-T2 HD as used in Germany) there also is a new version of tsreader.ax developed, the main "player" for TV streams in MP1 and MP2. And at least on my system this issue did not happen any longer with this new tsreader.ax. This new file will be included in the next releases of MP so this issue should be fixed then without any further action. But until then you can find the file here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dvb-t2-hd-germany-channelscan.134461/page-11#post-1192045

Simply download it and replace the existing tsreader.ax file (keep a copy of the original file, just in case...) As I don't use MP1 since a long time now I can't remember where to find it in MP1, but you most likely know where it is...
    Since I'm using the new file I did not had a single sync issue any more. But I can't guarantee this also is the case on your system. Nevertheless it's worth a try, I'm pretty sure...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Using MP 1.12. Looking for help on audio sync. This has been happening for a while, maybe since a big channel shakeup a few months, but that may be coincidence. Refreshing the tuning has made no difference. This only affects my Kordia channels. Here's what happens:

2. if out of sync, jump back 15 secs or forward 15, or back back 30 and forward 15; sometimes it takes one jump to get back in sync; other times it takes two or three goes; eventually I can get it back in sync
    3. jump through ads to the next segment, which may or may not start playing in sync; if out of sync, go to (2) above; wash, rinse, repeat

The full set, as normal (use the MP WatchDog tool to collect them).

As per Lehmden's suggestion, the very latest version of TsReader.ax is attached - it goes in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal' (make a backup copy of the original file first).

Attachments

• TsReader_HEVC_v4.2.1.28.zip
      208.9 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Even newer as the version I'm using now (4.2.1.27), thanks.

tm19

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2015
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

The full set, as normal (use the MP WatchDog tool to collect them).

As per Lehmden's suggestion, the very latest version of TsReader.ax is attached - it goes in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal' (make a backup copy of the original file first).

Thanks for your help.
    - New tsreader.ax made no difference in my case. I've attached the full log dump.
    - Additional detail: out of sync when I attempt to watch live, as well as recorded programs; forgot to mention this because I hardly watch anything live
    - Correction to original post: using MP 1.11
    --- Post updated ---
    Simply download it and replace the existing tsreader.ax file (keep a copy of the original file, just in case...) As I don't use MP1 since a long time now I can't remember where to find it in MP1, but you most likely know where it is...
    Since I'm using the new file I did not had a single sync issue any more. But I can't guarantee this also is the case on your system. Nevertheless it's worth a try...

Thanks Lehmden. The new tsreader.ax file did not help, but I've posted log files above. Maybe something will show up there.

Off topic, but is there a wiki page or forum post somewhere with a step-by-step guide on moving from MP 1 to MP 2? I use the TV series and movie extensions and would not want to sacrifice too much of what I've set up with those.
    --- Post updated ---
    Using LAV filters?

You may be on to something there. Uninstalled LAV filters and, quick test on 3 kordia channels, no sync issues on live or recorded tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom