Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (8 Viewers)

FantomFan

Portal Member
June 26, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
In TV Server Configuration look for Channel number 13 in the TV Channels and delete that.

Then rescan.

And don't forget to re-load the XmlTV mappings if you use that.

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    weirdly there was no channel13, but deleted a bunch of channels that had been there at some stage but weren't in my main group.. rescanned and found it.. thanks heaps for your hel the both of you.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just wondering what people are using/would recommend for PCI DVB-S cards for a TV Server? THink my 2x Nova-S cards have gone on the blink so will need replacing.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    To be honest, I'd be looking at some form of TBS PCI card, they're well supported and not terribly expensive.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yep, although I don't think you'll get a dual tuner based PCI card for DVB-S2, that one will be fine.

Otherwise you could pick up a USB based one with multiple tuners if you need more than one?

brena

Portal Member
    May 24, 2008
    Napier, Hawkes Bay
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Kiwis - I have a really nice black Zalman HTPC case with a small touchscreen and various buttons and volume knob on the front (needs Soundgraph iMon software to work).
    Has fans and quality PSU inside.

Happy to pass it on if anyone would find it useful and like it. :)

Last edited:

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thought I would try here first as I know MM works on the TV Server (1.14.0) and reads this thread.

I've always had the occasional issue every few weeks for the last several years with TV Server. It gets into some strange mode, usually while recording a program, and it doesn't stop recording or only records a portion of the program, and then it doesn't work correctly after that. It requires shutting down the TV Service, which fails. I need to End Task the TV Server in the Windows Task Manager to get it terminated and then restart it.

I've attached the TV Service logs after trying to shut it down normally, waiting 30 seconds and then forcefully terminating it.

I've reported something similar in the past but at that time is was related to recording an encrypted channel (legally) but couldn't officially be looked at, but this time it occurred while recording the program "Why Am I" which started at 9:28pm Tuesday night on TV1 using Freeview (DVB-T). Recorded TV shows the program with a red dot and 0 length indicating it's still being recorded many hours later, but it's not. Playing the program and pausing it shows a length of 8 minutes.

Although I just looked at the logs now and I think it is still related to 2 encrypted channels that stopped recording successfully at 9:36pm, which is when the TV1 recording also stopped. So perhaps you can't officially work on it but I still suspect a bug somewhere in TV Server that needs addressing.

Please let me know any details you can establish from the logs. I'm still live in hope of a reliable system one day.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• TVService.zip
      1,013.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom