Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

csy

July 30, 2005
Hi Reven,

FYI, I work at TelstraClear and am getting the epg for Christchurch regional station CTV (and soon to go live CTV2) loaded onto the Saturn TV guide. From there, I'm hopeing that you will be able to include this into xmlTVNZ?

Cheers

reven

Portal Member
July 12, 2005
FYI, I work at TelstraClear and am getting the epg for Christchurch regional station CTV (and soon to go live CTV2) loaded onto the Saturn TV guide. From there, I'm hopeing that you will be able to include this into xmlTVNZ?
i thought you guys would be pissed off at apps like xmltvnz for stealing your guide info (well not stealing since its to the public, but i think sky gets pissed off at this).

but if they're on saturn like everything else then theres no problem, just let me know when they;re available and ill add the switches to xmltvnz and the urls etc.

csy

July 30, 2005
Thanks Reven,

I'm not aware of any issues within TelstraClear regarding external epg grabbers.

I't may take a while to get the CTV epg onto the Saturn TV guide because some work needs to be done behind the scenes, but I'll let you know when its working.

B

Blunt

Reven

Having probs with 2.0.0.0

SkyTV General Entertainment Added: 08/09/2005 12:00 a.m.
String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
at System.DateTimeParse.ParseExact(String s, String format, DateTimeFormatInf
o dtfi, DateTimeStyles style)
at System.DateTime.ParseExact(String s, String format, IFormatProvider provid
er)
at xmlTVNZ.SkyShowInfo.GetDate(String date)
DATE:
Failed to find info at: http://www.skytv.co.nz/guide_program_Popup2.cfm?program=
SkyTV.ReadURL() Failed to find info at: http://www.skytv.co.nz/guide_program_Pop
up2.cfm?program=33436797
at xmlTVNZ.SkyTV.ProcessRow(String row, Channel& chan, Boolean addSubtitle)
at xmlTVNZ.SkyTV.ReadURL()
Something went wrong, redoing day again (1)

hemi

June 7, 2005
Hello fello kiwis. Just a note from another MP user downunder. Have currently got MP working on a P 500 with pixelview card and a twinham dvb-s.
Just thought I would share with everyone the possibility of using HVCPlus with mediaportal. Have currently got it set up as a child in My Programs.
It works great with my minnimum setup, although I need a p4 to do adequate recording, it is enough to play dvd's, mp3's, divx video on dvd disks etc.

Kia Ora

canman

Portal Member
October 15, 2005
Wellington, New Zealand
Hi guys,

It seems there's more kiwis on here than most people thought :D

I've been contemplating getting a media centre type device sorted for some time now and wasn't even aware of all these different options.

I spent a few weeks looking around and really like Media Portal, but it wouldn't support my TV card so I ended up buying Showshifter..........

That's not bad, but it's a little clunky and so I went looking again and stumbled across the new beta and that seems to partly work with my TV tuner.

It's a Pixelview Play TV Pro. It's the one with the BT chipset.

What I'm struggling with is the TV Channels since it won't autotune my channels............how the bloody hell do I find out what the channels are for my area (Wellington ?)

I've also downloaded xmltvnz........awesome little app, works a treat.....

Any help or tips about things to look out for, or advice on getting my TV tuner going any better is much appreciated.

I've gotta admit, I'm seriously tempted to try and get my money back for Showshifter after seeing this latest Beta of MP........... :(

Oh well, I've stayed up way too late reading what I can about all this stuff, hope to catch up with you guys soon.

Fraser

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Use the BTWinCap drivers as the generic ones OEMs use are buggy.
    You are better off save for a cheap PVR-150MCE or similar.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom