Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (2 Viewers)

canman

Portal Member
October 15, 2005
Wellington, New Zealand
Nah wouldn't work at all with those drivers.......worse than what I was getting with the factory ones......in fact couldn't get anything out of them so went back to the factory drivers.

Gonna look into another card. Only bought this one to look into how the Sky decoding thing worked and that seems to work OK but only outside of MP anyhow.

I was really just interested to see it working, but now I'm happy to just have a working TV Tuner.

ashtonaut

Portal Member
October 11, 2005
Hey there fellow Kiwis,

I've been playing round with MediaPortal for a few weeks now (brilliant, I can't believe how good it is!), but I really need to get a decent hardware card before I build a HTPC (thinking Hauppauge 150 or 500).

Just thought I'd let you know of another source for NZ XMLTV EPG data.

http://mr.geek.nz/epg/

This guy is pretty secretive about how he gets his data, but it is comprehensive (almost all Sky Digital channels covered), and I noticed it is FAST to download, as it is not a screen-scraping based method (you are simply downloading an xml file). Looks like it currently has some isues with missing data, but (like similar projects) he seems to be working on it pretty regularly.

Because I'm not using MediaPortal at the moment, I havent had a chance to test how his xml file imports into MediaPortal (with things like time of day especially).

If anyone is willing to give it a shot, please post back and let me know how compatible the xml listings are with MediaPortal.

Cheers,

Ash

zipps

November 3, 2005
Another Kiwi checking in.
I am in Auckland and am running MP on a Windows 2003 on a shuttle box.
I am also a developer and plan to help out on the code at some point - need to get some of my own projects under control first!

rosco99

Portal Member
May 10, 2005
MossVale, NSW, Australia
Re: NZ satellite DVB-s

jjnz1 said:
I am from welly! :)
Looking at buying a $450 satellite card from twinham? and a CI adapter so i can put my Sky Digital card in. has anyone done this before? is it possible to view all (60+) channels (for which i am entitiled?)
I recently bought a Hauppage PCi-S with CI Adaptor from oznetics.com.au for $99Au. Cam card on e-bay for $50. It works with Austar using my Austar card and the supplied software. MP programmers are looking at support at present.
Not sure whether SKY scrambling is same as Austar.

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi ashtonaut,

I am developing the WebEPG program for MP. Which currently has support for NZ guide information.

The data comes from an XML source:

http://ontv.orcon.net.nz/listings.xml

which seems to have all the channels free and pay. If you could give some feedback that would be great.

I think this might be a better source then this other one which is "Right at this second the co lo box is sitting in my garage hanging off my DSL connection, so please be gentle." ;)

Cheers,

/James

ashtonaut

Portal Member
    October 11, 2005
    Hi James,

Good on you for making the effort!

Are you simply sourcing the data from the ontv.orcon site, or is this data created by you?

I actually just discovered this location today, but when I download the xml file and try to load it in the MediaPortal configuration, it gives me a "Failed to load xml file" error. Any ideas why?

Clarification: The error occurs when I try to import channels from the tvguide.xml file when in the MP configuration.

I would love to help test this WebEPG program you are creating, is it something I need to download, or will it be integrated into MediaPortal?

Regards,

Ashton

P.S. I noticed today that mr.geek.nz has stopped his feed after receiving a 'cease and desist' letter from TVNZ. I'll be watching progress on that with interest...

EDIT: Sorry James, my bad... I just had a search through the forums and found the WebEPG thread. I've downloaded it, and will add any feedback to the appropriate thread when I've had a chance to test it. Cheers.

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi ashtoaut,

Just to add this is an XML file not an XMLTV file. So it cannot be loaded directly into MP. However, WebEPG converts it and keeps only the channels you select.

Cheers,

/James

ashtonaut

Portal Member
    October 11, 2005
    Thanks for the info James, that explains why it wouldn't load directly. I had a chance to test your WebEPG last night, and it is absolutely brilliant! Exactly what I was looking for :)

Ashton

canman

Portal Member
    October 15, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    I've just got a new ATI card in the hope it would sort out the autotuning of my channels on MP, but it doesn't seem much better than my old card.

Well that's not fair I can get TV1 and 2 OK, but it's really hard, well impossible from what I've seen to manually tune through and stop where you want for channels.

I can manually go in an select the tuner channel numbers to do it that way, but it's gonna take bloody hours to go through all the channels and then go into MP to try.

Anyone know what channels on the tuner I need to select for the Wellington, Lower Hutt area ?

So far TV 1 is tuner channel 3 and TV 2 is tuner channel 8 and they're perfect pictures.

I can get perfect reception with the aerial I'm using on TV3, Prime and C4 when plugged direct into the TV, but the autotuning on the ATI card and my other Pixelview just seems to be skipping past them ! :(

jon230873

Portal Member
    August 1, 2004
    New Zealand
    Been using Mp for about a year on and off now, the EPG I used is TVXB and you can change the ini file for the EPG if the web pages changes. TV3 has just changed their page which has meant I needed to update the ini on the weekend. I am now looking at telstraclear for my information.

check out www.tvxb.com and try this ini file for NZ

! start of ini file
    ! TVxb Version 1.0080

!--main parameters--
    minversion=1.0032
    xmltvoutput=C:\tvxb\xml\tvguide.xml
    htmlencoding=iso-8859-1
    xmlencoding=iso-8859-1
    lang=en
    AUTO=no
    days=7,+1
    !--end of main parameters--

! Other Information on Main Parameters:

! Insert channel schedule information below this line
    !----------------------------------------------------
    !--- TV3, C4, Prime ---
    [tv1]
    name=tv1
    url=http://tvnz.co.nz/view-preempt/tvone_epg_skin/channelDesc=tv_one&date=[day=ddmmyyyy]
    tagtr=start=<div,end=
    tagtd=start=<strong,<div,end=
    start=5
    title=4
    description=2(1)

[tv2]
    name=tv2
    url=http://tvnz.co.nz/view-preempt/tv2_epg_skin/channelDesc=tv2&date=[day=ddmmyyyy]
    tagtr=start=<div,end=
    tagtd=start=<strong,<div,end=
    start=5
    title=4
    description=2(1)

[tv3]
    name=tv3
    url=http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/products/television/saturn-tv/your_tv_guide.cfm?FirstChannel=WSK3&SecondChannel=tv4&ThirdChannel=PRIM&DateScreen=[day=dd-Mmm-yyyy]
    pseudochannelname=tv3-c4-PRIME
    htmlstart=TVGuide_WSK3.gif
    htmlend=/table
    start=2
    title=3

[c4]
    name=c4
    url=http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/products/television/saturn-tv/your_tv_guide.cfm?FirstChannel=WSK3&SecondChannel=tv4&ThirdChannel=PRIM&DateScreen=[day=dd-Mmm-yyyy]
    htmlstart=TVGuide_TV4.gif
    htmlend=/table
    start=2
    title=3

[prime]
    name=prime
    htmlstart=TVGuide_PRIM.gif
    htmlend=/table
    start=2
    title=3

! end of file

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom