Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

zxcvbnm2

Portal Pro
March 23, 2006
New Zealand/Whangarei
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Brocklander said:
Under hardware you could include where to get the MCE Remote with teletext buttons and the MCE Keyboard locally, I had to get mine from Australia.

I just got a got MCE remote with teletext buttons from Ascent yesterday to replace my dead MCE copy receiver, I was suprised when I pulled it out of the box as they list it on ther site with a pic of the US version :D Don't know if the part number they have is right either.

As for torrents. It's probley your ports need opening, both firewall and router depending on your set up.

maak

Portal Member
July 22, 2006
Auckland, New Zealand
well theres at least 3 of us...actually it seems quite a few.

Hi Im Maak [Akl]
I've just installed MP after being unhappy with M$ Media Centre. Most of the frusrtrations I had with MC are resolved in MP.

A couple of questions

Thanks to your posts I managed to get xmltvnz working... sort of.
I ran it and it seems to find the station info in the command prompt but when imported into MP only C4 shows up. So its working in general i think, just no info for tv1-3. I tried the Alternative sources but same results.
Can I use the sky source for tv1-3 even though im viewing analogue? Any Ideas?

Also how come the posts dont seem to be listed by date in this forum?...i cant see any preference to change it.

Cheers maak

snarlyboy

Portal Member
July 14, 2006
maybe this belongs in the wiki, but I found this somewhere and cant find the link again, but maybe it will help with xmltvnz, it does seems to get the tv1,2,3 channels as well which I believe dont matter if they are terrestrial or satellite.

These are the xmltvnz paramters I use for Sky Digitial TV that I found somewhere... (this is all one line in your batch/cmd file btw)

Code:
xmltvnz tvguide.xml -seconds -offset +1300 -noicons -nolang tv1 tv2 sky_tv3 sky_c4 sky_prime sky_juice sky_trackside sky_maori sky_uktv sky_sky1 sky_e sky_living sky_sport1 sky_sport2 sky_sport3 sky_espn sky_rugby sky_movies1 sky_movies2 sky_mgm sky_rialto sky_tcm sky_j2 sky_disney sky_cartoon sky_nickelodeon sky_discovery sky_natgeo sky_animalplanet sky_history sky_skynews sky_bbcworld sky_cnn sky_arts

I think it grabs around 4 days worth at a time and takes like 10min to run on broadband (3.5mps)

ashtonaut

Portal Member
October 11, 2005
Can I use the sky source for tv1-3 even though im viewing analogue? Any Ideas?

Yes, you can use any of the sources. As you might be able to imagine, Sky have no idea who you are or why you are accessing their website :) In theory, their data should be the same as TVNZ or another source, though it seems in NZ epg data is average at best...

maak

Portal Member
July 22, 2006
Auckland, New Zealand
Hey thanks...I finally sorted it out. the tvnz chanells were there but not named the same as the actual tuned channels in MP.
Once I realised this I tried to match them up...the instructions in this site given by moderator that it can be done in MP [setings>my tv>epgxmltv ] are completely wrong. You have to match them up in the media portal settings application. some stations i had to tune manually with numbers..I dont know what the big secret is but finding the braordcast frequencies of tv stations is not that easy.

Hey a few more questions
1. how do you make a batch file that will run the xmltvnz.exe daily?

2.and if it runs daily automatically, do I have to go into MP and import the epg manually again or is once enough for this?

3.Also what do you guys use for making MP wake up from s3 twhen recording is programmed and going back into sleep after? apparently it can be done with some plugin...this is the only point so far that M$ MC did OOTB that MP didnt.

snarlyboy

Portal Member
July 14, 2006
1. see my post above. Use that line of text in a text file called GetNZEPG.cmd or something. *.cmd is a cmd prompt batch file executable.

2. I dont know the answer to this question and asked it above myself :p

3. I just have MP running on a dedicated machine so I haven't tried this sorry...

snarlyboy

Portal Member
July 14, 2006
Anyone in NZ using MP please confirm...

Hi,

Just for my own piece of mind does ANYONE in New Zealand have a remote that completely (all the buttons) works with MP AND one that also controls the channel changing on a Sky Digital decoder box?

If so, what brand is it and its IR blaster, where can I get one, and how did you get it to work??

I'm done with trying to get my USB Hauppauge MCE remote and its IR blaster to work - I can't get it to work except for arrow keys using HIP and I can't seem to get its IR blaster to work at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

thanks!

vbgeezer

Portal Pro
December 18, 2004
Auckland, New Zealand
Snarlyboy

I am in Auckland with SKY digital and MP - for about a year now. I use the Logitec Harmony 680 which is a learning remote (buy from ebay US as it works out MUCH cheaper)

I also use the USBUIRT to change channel on my sky PACE decoder -works flawlessly after much work. Happy to share my settings files if anyone wants PM me.

The remote can control mutiple devices so I have a MP device a TV device and a sky device. Setup is done on a web page using a USB cable - it's fiddly to get it all working but worth the effort, again, happy to share my setup!!

seti_one

Portal Member
July 23, 2006
maak said:
Hey a few more questions
1. how do you make a batch file that will run the xmltvnz.exe daily?

2.and if it runs daily automatically, do I have to go into MP and import the epg manually again or is once enough for this?

3.Also what do you guys use for making MP wake up from s3 twhen recording is programmed and going back into sleep after? apparently it can be done with some plugin...this is the only point so far that M$ MC did OOTB that MP didnt.

1. I used note pad to type command then saved file with .bat extension. To run automagically use windows scheduler to fire of bat file.

2. It appears too update automagically

3. Pass my pc don't go to sleep, I don't see the sense unless you want to be energy efficent or something tree huggy like that :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom