Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

philster

Portal Member
March 16, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Can anyone here recommend a dual DVB-T tuner PCI card that works well with Windows 7 x64. Is anyone using the Hauppauge Nova 500 T successfully with Windows 7 x64. My old card is no longer supported.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Philster

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
To help me out of a pickle with the wife (I should have monitored disk space a little better!)... does anyone happen to have a copy of the final episode of "Mutual Friends" from TV one about 3 weeks back? Pls PM me if so. Thanks

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Can anyone here recommend a dual DVB-T tuner PCI card that works well with Windows 7 x64. Is anyone using the Hauppauge Nova 500 T successfully with Windows 7 x64. My old card is no longer supported.

Philster

The Nova 500 T works perfectly under Win 7, at least for me.
add me too - no problems with upgrade to Win 7 x64

bopfrog

Portal Pro
August 20, 2008
Bay of Plenty
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Can anyone tell me where TV logos need to be kept? Recently had to fresh reinstall MP and have made an MP/thumbs/tv/logos path but they haven't been picked up.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\logos
    Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\logos

philster

Portal Member
    March 16, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Philster

The Nova 500 T works perfectly under Win 7, at least for me.
    add me too - no problems with upgrade to Win 7 x64
    For the Nova 500 T users, do you split the coax cable and plug into both inputs on the card, or just use the top input? If using both inputs, is there any configuration needed?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Mmm, I was under the impression that the NOVA T only had one input. Are you talking about the NOVA TD?

If so, then you only need to connect to the bottom input and both tuners will receive signal. See here...

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Philster

Only downside I have with the Nova 500 T is it takes a long time to reinitialise when resuming from sleep due to it being recognised as a USB device. Yes i know its a PCI card) but it has a USB to pci convertor on the card so when Windows resumes from sleep it reinitialises the USB devices which means it needs about a 15 second delay in the TV Service to allow for this.
    Otherwise, really good FreeView DVB-T dual tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom