Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't answer your question, but I noticed this when I upgraded my EPGGrabber to the latest version a few weeks ago. I had MP configured to output episode names and numbers and suddenly there were numbers appearing beside every programme title after the EPGGrabber update. I had to change MP to output Episode names only. Only TV3/FOUR appear to update these names for some programmes.

From memory they were quite long numbers and didn't make sense to me, but perhaps they are unique numbers for each programme, which could be useful to prevent duplicate recordings, etc, if MP supports that.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I could be wrong but I think they are CRIDs for supporting accurate recording timing.
    http://www.freeviewnz.tv/media/9348/freeview_dtt_transmission_rules_2_1.pdf

Have a read of chapter 7 for some background...
    [Edit: I should read it myself! It talks about series and program identification CRIDs, so these could be used for series linking and to uniquely identify programs.]

Last edited:

andrewNZ

Portal Member
    March 31, 2010
    Dunedin
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the PDF link, I had looked for something of that nature, I just couldn't find it.
    Now if I had the desire I could learn all of this, but that's more learning than I'm up for at the moment.

I really don't know much about it, or how EPGGrabber pulls and identifies the data. I do understand that there is a good change EPGGrabber is labelling data incorrectly as a best guess and this is nothing to do with MediaPortal.

The XML file contains this line with the episode # in it.
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">1008571 . 10177649 . </episode-num>
    Unfortunately, the number doesn't seem to meet the standards of the tag. The numbers are unique to the episode, and that is very useful.

Anyway, it probably doesn't matter too much, just thought it'd be nice if I was going to store recordings long term.

coina

Portal Member
    December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey guys :)

I used to use mediaportal years ago before starting using an xbox360 for some reason (I know, I know - yuck)

But I've just today set up a new mediaportal box and am wondering why the hell I ever left! (funny that)

I've got everything running pretty smoothly without hassle but am wondering if there are any updated wether images that people are using?

I checked the http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Country_Specific_Informations/NewZealand page but all the images are broken links.

I'm using the World Weather plugin.

Cheers!

Al

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    All the weather images on the nz sites have dynamic rather than static urls, so they can't be used.

EDIT: actually there is this, pacific ocean satellite image

http://image.weather.com/images/sat/pac_oce_sat_600x405.jpg

pac_oce_sat_600x405.jpg

Last edited:

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Since all the changes with TV3, Prime etc and doing a rescan of my channels I no longer get EPG Data for C4. Can view the channel OK, and the EPG settings (EPG Collector) and MP settings are the same in terms of tuning parameters.

Is anyone else still getting EPG Data for C4? I dont really watch it much, just like to have my setup "perfect" :)

stevied20

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2010
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Since all the changes with TV3, Prime etc and doing a rescan of my channels I no longer get EPG Data for C4. Can view the channel OK, and the EPG settings (EPG Collector) and MP settings are the same in terms of tuning parameters.

Is anyone else still getting EPG Data for C4? I dont really watch it much, just like to have my setup "perfect

Just checked here in Chch and this mornings scan shows 7 days of Prog data for C4, i havent rescanned channels for a while so not sure if anything has changed?

regards
    Steve

valtam

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For anyone wanting the following NZ tv logo's, these are the ones I currently have:

1DAMC.png

Download:

Attachments

• mediaporta_tv_logos_nz.zip
      163.5 KB

doubletop

Portal Member
    March 16, 2008
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm getting current C4 show info but not future. I seem to get the schedule times but not the content. I get a similar thing on TV1 plus 1 and TV3 plus 1. I've never investigated if thats what I should be getting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom