Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes need donator version ($12NZD) for h264 (DVB-T), you can use the free version with analog or sattelite tv. the same comskip.ini file should work for both

valtam

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cool, I used comskip years ago on DVB-S, does the donator version run well in NZ on DVB-T, ie. is it accurate for all channels?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok I just tried comskip with tv3 news using "--detectmethod=79 --ts", it correctly identified EVERY SINGLE commercial break :D

I ran comskip on both tv3 news and campbell live at the same time, and it took ~20 minutes to process both recordings (i3-2100) with comskip set to use 3 cores

When I tried to run comskip using comskip tvserver launcher plugin set to run comskip at start of recording option, it didn't work, it only processed around 5 minutes of the recording and stopped (not sure why). Will probably have to stick to running it at the end of recording, which means no data till atleast 15-20 minutes after the recording is finished.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    [Live TV]
    live_tv=0 (0=off / 1=on)
    ;This will enable the output of commercial information during the processing allowing the skipping of detecting commercials before the processing is finished
    ;;Use when you want to process during recording and have the commercial information available before the recording is finished. This uses a simplified detection algorithm so the results may be different from the final results.
    live_tv_retries=4 (0-MAXINT)
    ;When the end of the recording is reach comskip will wait for one second and check to see if the recording is still ongoing. This will be done live_tv_retries times.
    dvrms_live_tv_retries=300
    ;dvr-ms recordings pre-allocate a hugh buffer space on disk and then start to fill the pre-allocated space. This requires many more retries to function. Sometimes you may have to increase this value to 600 to ensure processing does not stop too early
    standoff=0
    ;The amount of kBytes to stop reading before the end of the file.
    dvrmsstandoff=120000
    ;The amount of kbytes dvr-ms uses as a buffer so its completely unknown if there is any valid data in this last part of the recording so it should never be read unless the recording is finished
    ;;This value may have to be increase to 200000

It seems running comskip during the recording process didn't work because comskip ran faster than the recording was written to the HDD.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    =logo4.png

=screenshot_defaultwide.png

Tantalizing premade thumbnails for common NZ TV Shows

Option to use thumbnailed image of tv channel instead of video screenshot

Uses ffmpeg to get screenshots instead of the built in MP thumbnailer which struggles with NZ based h264 recordings

Installation

1. Install TV Thumbnailer for TV Server
    2. Download NZTV Images and extract files to your TV Thumbnailer director
    3. Bask in thumbnail Heaven

Last edited:

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @kiwijunglist: Great to hear you've got Comskip working with DVB-T - maybe it's time I upgraded from DVBS..

@Everyone... I've been having problems with sound cutting out for ages now while watching Recorded TV, or any other videos - it stops intermittently for 2~3 seconds at random intervals. Music plays without a hitch. I'm wondering if I need a new Video card (sound is via HDMI from the video card) because the only time I have issues is when video is playing. Plus I have noticed flickering across the screen every now and then - kind of like back in the day when your neighbour would fired up his old lawnmower or car and it would interfere with your TV picture (some of you might be old enough to remember that happening..)

Anyone got an opinion/any ideas on this?

Cheers

Dave

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    msconfig -> disable all the services + startup options for sound devices eg. realtek manager etc
    right click vol icon -> playback devices disable all the dolby processing etc
    make sure video card is properly seated in the motherboard + power cable is nicely pluged into it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom