Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've been meaning to setup comskip on my dvb-t setup for a while.... Is anyone able to add some basic instructions to the NZ wiki and then I'll make them more detailed as I step through the process?

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A quick heads up for anyone using 4TR (or ARGUS) & WiFi Remote/MP Extended - there's a problem with the latest version of WiFi Remote whereby Live TV ends up being rendered as a black screen and sound in MediaPortal :( (see posts from the bottom of this page). No doubt it'll be sorted soon...

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi All

2 quick questions (if anyone is still out there - this thread is pretty quiet these days..):

Can anyone recommend a dual DVB-S tuner? I installed a TBS 6981 Dual Tuner last week (brand new) and it couldn't find one channel (n) , while my Hauppauge Nova-S Plus (which was installed at the same time) found over 100 channels... I spent over 5hrs trying all sorts of different configurations including uninstalling the Hauppauge card and physically removing it but nada. I need to get this sorted because the WAF isn't high right now - being able to record only one transponder at a time is like returning to the dark ages of recording onto video tapes....

+

I think my Graphics card (Sapphire Radeon HD5670) is on the way out. Has anyone got a card that they would highly recommend? HDMI output etc. I've got PCI-Express slots available if required... I assume all GPU's handle sound via HDMI like my current card does? I don't want to have to get a separate sound card if I don't have to. I'm not sure that I want to stick with ATI, I think I'd rather go back to an Nvidea setup (which is what I had in my old system) but I'm open to ideas.

Cheers

Dave

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    From memory there are 2 different sub varieties of 7750 with one of them being a lot better, might relate to the speed of the memory, or number of streams, or a different chip, or something I can't remember, but you should be able to figure it out with google, get the better one.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you want to go nVidia, the GT430/440/530/630 are good choices (these are all the same GF108 chipset - nVidia just keeps re-badging it). Just make sure you get one with 128 bit wide memory - most are, but Asus sells one card that is only 64-bit, so there may be others around....

Tony

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Dave

Can anyone recommend a dual DVB-S tuner? I installed a TBS 6981 Dual Tuner last week (brand new) and it couldn't find one channel (n) , while my Hauppauge Nova-S Plus (which was installed at the same time) found over 100 channels... I spent over 5hrs trying all sorts of different configurations including uninstalling the Hauppauge card and physically removing it but nada. I need to get this sorted because the WAF isn't high right now - being able to record only one transponder at a time is like returning to the dark ages of recording onto video tapes....
    Are you using MP's TV Server or Argus?
    If using MP's TV Server, would you mind posting the TV Server logs so we could take a look.
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Zip up all the files you find there and post the zip file here.

That's if you're still interested in getting the TBS tuner working. There aren't really many other dual satellite tuners available in NZ that I personally would recommend.
    I mean, there is the TeVii S480 but I've found the zap times with that tuner to be quite slow.
    There are Blackgold tuners that have additional DVB-T/T2 tuners. Pretty cool but quite expensive, especially if you don't need the DVB-T tuners.
    There are also Mystique/DVBSky/Digital Devices tuners, but again they're quite expensive if you're only after a reliable dual tuner. These tuners are popular for [among other things] their CAM sharing capability which is not really relevant for us in NZ.

I really reckon it would be better to try and help you get the TBS tuner working.

Regards,
    mm

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Owlroost: Thanks for the input, I will go and Google those cards too..

@mm: I'm using TVServer, please find log files attached. Thanks for the info on the other cards - as you say ideally it would be best if I (or you? ;)) could work out why the TBS card isn't working. I've just re-installed it and scanned for channels, again no results. TBS have offered to connect to my HTPC remotely and take a look but there are time difference problems and it's taking a while to get this co-ordinated (plus I don't really want a stranger "wandering around" my HTPC while I'm not there to see what's going on - it's worth too much to me...)

Hopefully you'll spot something in the logs....

Cheers

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom