Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (2 Viewers)

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi again zxcvbnm2, sorry for the delay if i had stuffed up recording house my life would have been not worth living!

here is the text from my xml for my skystar2 card, i believe i'm using an old single lnb sky dish but i hope that this puts you on the right track

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<profile>
<section name="tv">
<entry name="contrast">-1</entry>
<entry name="brightness">-1</entry>
<entry name="gamma">-1</entry>
<entry name="saturation">-1</entry>
<entry name="sharpness">-1</entry>
<entry name="croptop">0</entry>
<entry name="cropbottom">0</entry>
<entry name="cropleft">0</entry>
<entry name="cropright">0</entry>
</section>
<section name="dvbs">
<entry name="LNB0">11300</entry>
<entry name="LNB1">11300</entry>
<entry name="Switch">11300</entry>
<entry name="CBand">5150</entry>
<entry name="Circular">10750</entry>
<entry name="useLNB1">yes</entry>
<entry name="useLNB2">no</entry>
<entry name="useLNB3">no</entry>
<entry name="useLNB4">no</entry>
<entry name="lnb">22</entry>
<entry name="lnb2">22</entry>
<entry name="lnb3">22</entry>
<entry name="lnb4">22</entry>
<entry name="diseqc">0</entry>
<entry name="diseqc2">0</entry>
<entry name="diseqc3">0</entry>
<entry name="diseqc4">0</entry>
<entry name="lnbKind">0</entry>
<entry name="transponder1">Optus B1 (160E)</entry>
<entry name="lnbKind2">0</entry>
<entry name="transponder2">45.0degreesWest.tpl</entry>
<entry name="lnbKind3">0</entry>
<entry name="transponder3">45.0degreesWest.tpl</entry>
<entry name="lnbKind4">0</entry>
<entry name="transponder4">45.0degreesWest.tpl</entry>
</section>
<section name="quality">
<entry name="enabled">no</entry>
<entry name="default">2</entry>
<entry name="portLow">100</entry>
<entry name="portMax">300</entry>
<entry name="portVBR">no</entry>
<entry name="LowLow">500</entry>
<entry name="LowMax">1500</entry>
<entry name="LowVBR">yes</entry>
<entry name="MedLow">2000</entry>
<entry name="MedMax">4000</entry>
<entry name="MedVBR">yes</entry>
<entry name="HighLow">8000</entry>
<entry name="HighMax">12000</entry>
<entry name="HighVBR">yes</entry>
</section>
<section name="mapping">
<entry name="audio1">0</entry>
<entry name="audio2">1</entry>
<entry name="audio3">0</entry>
<entry name="audio4">0</entry>
<entry name="video1">0</entry>
<entry name="video2">1</entry>
<entry name="video3">0</entry>
<entry name="video4">0</entry>
</section>
<section name="general">
<entry name="hwfiltering">no</entry>
</section>
</profile>

When i've had difficulties in the past setting up the card with MP i've made sure setup4pc is running in the background and that seems to help. Let us knw if you have any further questions.

Cheers
m

zxcvbnm2

Portal Pro
March 23, 2006
New Zealand/Whangarei
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks for the help.

My problem is with the new lnb Sky uses for both Optus B1 and its replacment the new D4. I got it to scan and find all the channels once, but then it stopped working. I'll get it going eventually I hope.

zxcvbnm2

Portal Pro
March 23, 2006
New Zealand/Whangarei
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Got it going :) just needed to turn the tone setting off.

I managed to pickup some channels off Optus B3, should beable to have both B1/B3 working from the same LNB once I work out how to set it up properly.

NZOldFart

Portal Member
November 11, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Newbie with xmltv problem

Hi all - another kiwi here having a problem. First off - I'm basically computer illiterate and while I can understand and follow basic instructions I don't pretend to understand the tecnical jargon relating to how things "work". OK so I have got MP 0.2.0.4 installed and working ok. I use a Hauppauge MCE 500 which is going well, have a Silverstone LC16 case and use the Imon pad remote which I've got configured ok using the info in wikis.

For the EPG I tried WebEPG without success so then tried xmltvnz as detailed in the NZ localisation. Note I don't have sky and am only grabbing tv1, tv2, tv3, c4 and prime. Now funny thing is that I had it working fine - everything grabbed fine and showed in the tv guide in MP (except c4 which didn't seem to come through - but I managed to get it by changing to xtramsn_c4 instead of just c4). Then about a week ago there was a problem with Prime which I think got fixed in the latest version of xmltvnz - something to do with a change at prime I think. Now however I get "no data available" for tv1 and tv2. I've tried changing to grab from xtra instead of tvnz but still doesn't work.

I'm actually pretty sure the data is being grabbed but somehow doesn't seem to get mapped to my tv channels. I've looked at the tvguide.xml file and see that for tv3, c4 and prime there is a line that says something like "channel id 03 ....tv3", "channel id 07...prime" (sorry that won't be exact as I'm writing this at work) but there isn't a similar line for tv1 and tv2. I'm assumming that this is mapping the tv channel to the channel number of the tv tuner. Program information is certainly there for tv1 and tv2.

So - any ideas? As I say it was working ok a week ago but isn't now.

Oh and can someone please tell me what pvrscheduler is? I've seen several references to it in the forums but don't know what it is. Is it the scheduler program provided by hauppauge with their cards? Not sure how it would work with MP.

Any help would be much appreciated:D

vbgeezer

Portal Pro
December 18, 2004
Auckland, New Zealand
XMLTV

I have this - whenever there is a problem retrieving the new TV guide.

I use XMLTV NZ also. I use MP config and in the TVGuide sectionI hit delete tv guide (not sure of wording as I am at work now)

Then in the XMLTV folder I delete the cache folder (in fact my batch file for getting the xml tv guide deletes that folder also - it seems to help) and I also replace the resources folder with a copy from the orignal install of XMLTV NZ (I always keep a copy)

Then I get the XMLTV again using XMLTVNZ and go back into MP and after it imports (takes a while as I get 8 days at a time) it is all there and hunky dory.

Feel free to PM me for more help

Regards

Geezer

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Those 3 points - emptying the guide in MP configuration and removing contents of those two folders - usually clears everything up fine.

You might also want to stick to the default 5 days of data, as if you try for 7 days and one channel doesn't have the data (a regular occurance) then it can bugger things up.

I use Sky for grabbing TV3 and C4, it seems to have the most thorough and reliable listings.

DingDong

December 18, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi another kiwi here :)

I was given a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-500 and I've got it hooked up to my sky dish which I’m no longer using.
    I’ve have just started using MP and I’m having trouble scanning/finding the FTA digital channels. I've seen the 'DVB-T' and the 'DVB-S' tabs in the setup, but I don't know what I need to do.

Any help for a newbie at this?

Thanks.

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there, and welcome to MediaPortal.

The good news is that the Hauppauge 500 is a great dual tuner for analogue TV, the bad news is that the Hauppauge 500 is a great dual tuner for analogue TV!

Analogue is easiest described as your "traditional" terrestial TV broadcast, i.e. big mast on a hill and you have a VHF and UHF aerial on your roof, this is what the Hauppauge 500 will then convert into mpeg2 and deliver to your hard drive. So find your aerial lead, (not the satellite cable) plug it into the card (split it into 2 first if you want to use both tuners, and why not?) and in the mediaportal setup program try scanning now. You should get the regular channels like TV1, 2, 3 C4 and Prime plus whatever else is in your area.

This is a great site if you want to know the specific frequencies from your local transmitter.

http://www.lincrad.co.nz/transmitters.htm

Your satellite cable is delivering a digital TV signal or DVB-S and requires a different type of card to handle that signal. I use a Technisat Skystar 2 (alongside a hauppauge card for analogue stuff) to handle this and get great results. Mediaportal is very compatible with the Skystar 2 and it works well within the program. I put together a little webpage to help others configure their cards available here

http://www.geocities.com/jowhaley/Skystar_2_NZ_Setup.html

It is a pretty basic guide but got me to the point where thereafter setup in mediaportal was a breeze. I had an old sky dish and my terrestial reception of TV1 and TV2 was awful, this is a good solution and as a bonus i am ready and waiting for the new FreeView channels to.

I hope this helps you along, no doubt you'll have more questions along the way, i know i did!! So dont be afraid to ask

all the best
    m

AnonNZ

January 11, 2007
    Anyone else using hvcplus? ;-) I have a seperate pc (small form factor) with a bt878 and tvout (svideo). I run the TVout from that in to a haupauge PVR 150 on my media portal pc.

I treat the small form factor PC like its a hvc set top box. Aerial goes in; video comes out (TV OUT). I Channge channels via network with a script.

This way I can have hvcplus channels in media portal and record and time shift them. Works a treat ;-)
    Just thought I'd share, in case any one else was trying to get hvc combined with medial portal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom