Calling all users: Do you use MyTV in MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

Do you use MyTV in MediaPortal?

• No, I don't.

Votes: 158 12.4%
  • Yes, the one that comes along with 0.2.2.0.

Votes: 684 53.9%
  • Yes, TV-Server (Single Seat).

Votes: 191 15.0%
  • Yes, TV-Server (Multi Seat).

Votes: 211 16.6%
  • Yes, but I don't know which Engine I use.

Votes: 26 2.0%

• Total voters

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    The question is: Do you use MyTV in MediaPortal? And if yes, how do you use it?

note by infinityloop:
    most ppl have been missing the Powerscheduler in TV-Server.

now:
    14/03/2007 [21:08:42] micheloe TVServer added PowerScheduler plugin to SVN snapshots

-->TV-Server PowerScheduler Manual<---

sourada

Portal Member
    February 18, 2007
    I'll point out that I would use TV-Server, but my first and only try with it didn't work, and the one that comes with 0.2.2.0 does. I'll hang out and wait for TV-Server to stabilize a bit :).

ahx111

December 31, 2006
    MP itself seems to be about as buggy as you would expect free software to be. The setup of any TV plugin therefore is quite worse. I have installed MP about 10 times and never once had any TV plugin work. i think you have a long way to go before the entire app is stable enough for most people to use.

I am sure the fanboys are gonna slam me but meh don't care. I like the app and wish it was better but imo it is not usable. DVD player requires a FF to get a pic to display, and the constant beta patch this theme don;t work with this build crap is stupid.

I have recently given up on the HTPC thing because no one makes a useable complete solution. Have 60 dif programs to do something is stupid.

sbp

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Auning
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I still use the old TV2-engine, as I need to be able to change channels on my STB using the Hauppauge IR-blaster coming together with PVR150. Natively supported by the old TV-engine.
    So the MCE-blaster plugin development is not an option for me.

Thanks
    Steen

tiwang

Portal Member
    December 5, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I try to use the new tv-engine - but without succes - it cannot handle the Hauppauge hvr 3000. The strategi for this tv-server is the correct way to implement it

kind regards /ti

Bagal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I voted TV-Server (Multi Seat) as that's how I will use MP when the TVserver is WAF friendly. I've installed the TVserver a number of times and played around with it and found it to be excellent, but although I can live with the little niggles while it's in development the WAF can't so for now I'm using the tv engine in 0.2.2.0.

davej00

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2006
    UK
    I voted 0.2.2 MyTV -- but to be honest -- thats only because the TV server is in beta. As soon as it is out of beta -- I plan to use it. [probably single seat].

- Dave

BTW Great work guys -- keep it up !!

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi
    I have tried the TV3-Server releases a few times, but so far I believe that the TV2 version is far more reliable. I also don't like the fact that the TV3-server has time-shifting on all the time, so unless channel changing-speed improves with time-shifting enabled I'll stay with TV2 where I can switch it off.

Cheers
    GeoV

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2006
    Hopefully on my bike.
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Will give the server a go when it goes into a stable build. Saying that, it's not like the myTV in the stable build is particularly stable. I just don't want to jeapordise the rest of the functionality.

I don't us the myTV much. Would do if it was more stable and easier to use. I've just rebuilt my machine and am going through the channel > epg mapping at the moment. Painful. Would like to see this area improved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom