Calling all users: Post your GUI inconsistencies (3 Viewers)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    One thing that always annoys me, but seems to be an intentional change from a few months ago is the way recorded TV programs are handled.

If you go to the last recorded show, then press down, I would expect the next selected item to be the first recorded show. IE, Vertical wraparound.
    Instead it goes to the first menu item on the left (can't remember the name now).

Also, if you delete a program from recorded TV, I would have thought the highlighted item should stay in the same place (ie, next program after the deleted one) but it jumps back to the top.

If you have a lot of old programs to delete, these top two issues make things really annoying.

1- scroll to bottom of list.
    2- delete program - "cursor" jumps to first recorded program
    3- scroll back down
    4- press down one too many times (easy to do scrolling to the bottom of five pages of reordings)
    5- end up at the top left menu option
    6- scroll back down to delete last item
    7 -repeat the process for five pages of recordings.

Hope this makes sense. Other things like Movie views have vertical wraparound.

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Other things like Movie views have vertical wraparound.

Just to add to Marcusb's observation: the other menus do have vertical wraparound, but only going down the list.

this becomes a navigation annoyance for people who disable the topbar.

for example, if I get to the bottom of the list in my videos, then it will go back to the top of the list. If im at the top of the list, and quickly want to taverse to the bottom of the list, if I press up on the remote it does nothing, or goes to the topbar. it will never go to the bottom of the list.

if the topbar is enabled, it should be treated navigationally as another item in the list. that means if im on the topbar, pressing up again should put me to the bottom of whatever list i was just in.

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've had this issue the last two weeks of SVN's I've tried. Take a look at the screenshots to see the odd rollover images. Anyone else experiencing this?

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    20:using images of artist in the music view the images get stretched to fit inside the icon. Now the faces of the artiste get squashed :)

The should be scaled to fit to fit the icon placeholder

21: ability to select visualization of music and radio independently

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    22: The teletext/videotext in fullscreen mode is almost not readable with Blue Two Wide skin and German TV stations. The space between the letters is too big and letters like "g" are displayed as "o". I am using todays SVN and TVE.

How to see that screen:
    - Watch TV in full screen
    - Display OSD
    - Select "Videotext"

Is there any possibility to fix that?

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My music overlay problems

Both have these have been reported as bugs against svns...

1. The now playing cover art and visualization overlay is sometimes left displayed when switching between now playing and the current playlist

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mymusic_shows_coverart_over_list_after_viewing-t21463.html

2. The visualization overlay sometimes "breaks through" and can be seen flickering when displaying the current playlist (and other mymusic windows)....

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mymusic_flickering_after_viewing_mytv-t21461.html

Andy

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    23: error in text looking for cover art

Leon_Gjerland

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2005
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    When returning to My TV from a submenu "TV Guide" i focused in stead of the item for the menu you are returning from.

-------------
    Leon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom