CAM and scrambled channel problems (Canal Digitaal) (1 Viewer)

genivos

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
TV-Server Version: TVengine3 SVN 11/11/07 16504
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3 RC3 SVN 11/11/07 16504
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: E6750@2.66GHz (Core2 Duo)
HDD: 250GB
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
Motherboard Chipset: INTEL
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Nvidia 8500GT
Video Card Driver: 163.75
Sound Card: Realtek HD (onboard)
Sound Card AC3: Realtek HD (onboard)
Sound Card Driver: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 5.10.0.5404
1. TV Card: Digital Everywhere FireDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver: BDA (5.0.1)
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV or nvidia purevideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA or nvidia purevideo
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canal Digitaal
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC-10M
Cooling: Thermalright / Zalman
Power Supply: Zalman
Remote: Soundgraph iMon/PAD
TV: Hitachi 42" Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-HDMI

Installation type:
single-seat

Problem:
Most of the time the scrambled channels give 'Unable to start timeshifting, channel is scrambled'. This his been like this for a long time already (I tried a lot and tried also reinstalling XP several times). It appears that this problem is with watching live tv and not with scheduled recordings. The exact same problem I had in the past with a TechnoTrend S2-3200 (but that one didn't even want to start recordings from time to time and had major problems with standby/hibernation as well with the drivers and blue screens).
I use a Matrix Reborn CAM. This CAM works succesfully with the FireDTV Viewer software. My Aston 1.05 CAM doesn't seem to work correctly with the FireDTV (though, it worked with the TechnoTrend).

Next to all Windows XP sp2 updates I installed the MS patches:
- WindowsXP-KB885222-v2-x86-ENU
- WindowsXP-KB896626-v2-x86-ENU

I noticed that more people have this problem but that there is no solution yet. I also noticed that one person even has problems with the official CD supported Mediuguard CAM.

Logs:
Attached as ZIP

Fredd_1001

Portal Pro
October 28, 2007
Almere
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
TV-Server Version: 16504
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3 RC3
MediaPortal Skin: standard
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: Dual core 6750
HDD: 160 GB system + 500GB data
Memory: 2 gig
Motherboard: Gigabyte P35-D35S3P
Motherboard Chipset: P35
Motherboard Bios: ?
Video Card: ATI 2600XT
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6698
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3: onboard
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Floppty DTV-S2
1. TV Card Type: dvb S2
1. TV Card Driver: Digital everywhere 5.01
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canaal +
HTPC Case: Antec
Cooling:
Power Supply: Earthwatts 500W
Remote: none
TV: Philips 37PF9731
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI/DVI

I have exactly the same problem. I use a Magic Cam.
Floppy dtv viewer works fine! TV server/MP doesn't.
With the latest SVN I can record one of the channels from within MP ( only the first one from the list, switching to others won't work because MP keeps reporting no video/audio) but no live view.
With the builds before the latest one (TVE3 10/11/2007 [18:03:16] tourettes added: TsWriter Fixed black screen issue with some channels / broadcasters) recording from within MP didn't work, so indeed some things have positively changed since then. But not enough.....:D

Allso BVN (one of the channels in the Canaal+ package) wich is FREE TO AIR doesn't work. Only when I remove the CAM than this channel works?! I can't link this to the (magic) being present , it's free to air ......All other free to air channels work fine.
Do you allso have this issue with BVN?

genivos

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Just tested again (just before a recording started :D wonder if that will record normally now). Watched live view VH1 Classic and switched to Veronica, result: video freezes. Turned off TV and turned on again, normal view at Veronica. Switch to VH1 gives normal view again. I don't have issues with BVN, that FTA channel always seems to work (as well as other FTA channels on Hotbird, though sometimes I do have a black screen switching to a FTA channel on Hotbird when I have the channel is scrambled error on a canal channel). Think that might be related to your CAM. I have to mention that when I don't have live view and/or channel is scrambled, when I remove the CAM and insert it again it works normal (that means I have live view again).

In my logs you can see that this time I had an error regarding no free slot available.

genivos

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Tested again yesterday with a scheduled recording. The recording was blank (I checked while recording, stopped the recording after half an hour and checked again: blank screen). I attached the logfiles.

GagReflex

Portal Pro
October 10, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
This has been an issue for a long time... I've got a Irdeto Cam Version 2.06.2 (Softcell V2.26D) with a SelectTV card and sometimes getting MP to display a picture can take a LONG time of changing channels.. Once I have a descrambled picture, I can then change channels to my hearts content without a problem.... until I stop TV ;)

It's been reported a few times, but I suspect the guys are working on other issues....

genivos

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks for the replies. I know it is an issue for a long time, that's why I posted my experience. To let know that this issue is still there and maybe it might help (new information?). For me it's strange that this is an issue for such a long time, since it is a pretty important feature of the program, I might say. Maybe one of the most important.. well, at least in my eyes. Still I my opinion MP is the best program ever!! :D and I will continue using MP. Besides all that I do understand that it all takes time (to develop). Looking at the latest announcement of MP-II and a final version of MP1 I'm curious what that will bring, let's wait for that one :D
Last week I bought myself an official Canaldigitaal CAM (Mediaguard) and with this CAM the problem seems gone. I guess it's indeed only a problem with certain CAMs. Maybe even in combination with a particular smartcard. Dunno actually.

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Last week I bought myself an official Canaldigitaal CAM (Mediaguard) and with this CAM the problem seems gone. I guess it's indeed only a problem with certain CAMs. Maybe even in combination with a particular smartcard. Dunno actually.

Well I have 3 Conax CAMs, 2 different makes/versions. Same problem with all of them.

Fredd_1001

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2007
    Almere
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can borow an Aston CAM. I hope to try this CAM te coming week.
    I'll see what happens

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can anyone tell me what the maximum number of simultanious decryptions is of an origional canaal digitaal NL Mediaguard cam?

Just want to know how many scrambled channels in the same trasponder I can view with 1 firedtv/S tuner in combination with the origional Mediaguard Cam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom