CAM and scrambled channel problems (Canal Digitaal) (1 Viewer)

Fredd_1001

Portal Pro
October 28, 2007
Almere
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've tested with a Aston 1.05 CAM allso. Now the "no viodeo/audio" problem is gone. But(!) this CAM is allready unstable with FireDTV viewer as with Genivos. And thus allso with mediaportal. Allmost (..) all the time I have to take the CAM out and put it back again after I've started MP to make it possible to watch the Canaal+ channels. It seems after that it stay's ok. So this CAM is not really an option. :(

This is becoming annoying!! What CAM can we use with MP and FloppyDTV for dutch Canaal plus channels? Who has a stable combination?

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have an Aston dual 1.07 cam since last friday and don't have any trouble with this so far.(I use with tv-server and a firedtv-s (first version, not the S2 version))

Except for activating my subscription I couldn't do within Mediaportal. I can't force a tune to a scrambled channel, but this is not a CAM related issue.

genivos

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've tested with a Aston 1.05 CAM allso. Now the "no viodeo/audio" problem is gone. But(!) this CAM is allready unstable with FireDTV viewer as with Genivos. And thus allso with mediaportal. Allmost (..) all the time I have to take the CAM out and put it back again after I've started MP to make it possible to watch the Canaal+ channels.

Hmm, as said... with me the Aston doesn't even work (while it works flawlessly in a Humax). No problems so far with the Mediaguard CAM within MP and TV-server since I bought it.

oh.. and together with tv-server and firedtv it can decode at least 2 channels on the same transponder at the same time, I didn't try more channels yet.

Didn't try this yet, I'll will try tomorrow during the day.

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Check the firmware in the firedtv/floppydtv, I use latest firmware available on www.digital-everywhere.com and don't have any issues with Aston Cam.

BTW I have the aston dual 1.07, it's different from the 1.05 version mentioned above.

I was told the origional mediaguard canal digitaal cam doesn't support multiple channel decryption, but i'm not sure for 100%, didn't test it myself

uggabugga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 21, 2007
    QXQgaG9tZSA7LSk=
    Home Country

patos77

September 11, 2007
    Are you guys using a single seat config with tvserver or multi? Multiseat works like a charm for me, but when I use a mp client on the same machine as the TVserver, after a minute or two, the stream locks aupp and both the client and the tvserver hangs( at least the decrypt parts). Restarting the tvservice resolves the problem.

I personally don't have a preformance or a signal problem. As I said, any Client connecting from a remote PC can watch just fine. No codecs tried works either. Using an onborard ATI xpress 1200.

Anyone have a good guess what this could be?

genivos

Portal Member
    October 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Check the firmware in the firedtv/floppydtv, I use latest firmware available on www.digital-everywhere.com and don't have any issues with Aston Cam.

BTW I have the aston dual 1.07, it's different from the 1.05 version mentioned above.

I was told the origional mediaguard canal digitaal cam doesn't support multiple channel decryption, but i'm not sure for 100%, didn't test it myself

I use the latest firmware for the floppydtv. It was the latest already out-of-the-box :D

The Aston dual is indeed different from the 1.05 version. It still doesn't work with me.

I can confirm that the original mediaguard CD cam doesn't support multiple channel decryption. I tried to decrypt 2 channels at the same time at the same transponder but that doesn't work...:(

Are you guys using a single seat config with tvserver or multi? Multiseat works like a charm for me, but when I use a mp client on the same machine as the TVserver, after a minute or two, the stream locks aupp and both the client and the tvserver hangs( at least the decrypt parts). Restarting the tvservice resolves the problem.

Never had this problem with the mediaguard or matrix cam, guess this is a conax issue?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom