Can Emprex 3009ARF III MCE Remote Control be used to toggle Fullscreen/Windowed mode?? (1 Viewer)

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Remote I'm using is....Emprex 3009ARF III MCE Remote Control...which allows me to access most of the functions I need in MP..:)

Is there some way I can program the remote to toggle between Fullscreen/Windowed mode?
To do this...I use Alt/Enter via keyboard....is there a way I can setup an un-used button on the remote to get same result???

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Is there some way I can program the remote to toggle between Fullscreen/Windowed mode?
    I think that there is a remote-control action called TOGGLE_WINDOWED_FULLSCREEN (or something like that). You should be able to select it in the "Mapping" panel accessed from whichever tab you are using in the "Remotes and Input Devices" section in "MP Config".

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    I'm using the HID tab.....as my remote doesn't seem to 'fit' any of the others...?
    Not much luck so far in finding the action you've mentioned.....probably looking in the wrong place! :unsure:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The attached screenshot shows the action you are looking for. Select a button you are not using add any conditions or no condition and click on the arrow in the box highlighted in green then select the action.
    Hope that helps
    Untitled.jpg

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Oh yes.....that helped a lot!!!! :):):)
    Please could you point me towards the documentation/instructions so that I can work this out for myself next time??!!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Please could you point me towards the documentation/instructions so that I can work this out for myself next time??!!
    This is the section in the Wiki that describes the support for remote controls:

Remotes and Input Devices

There is a page right at the end of that section called "Mapping Buttons" which describes how to use the "Mapping" panel in "MP Config". Bear in mind that there are always improvements that can be made to the Wiki (which is another way of saying that some of the pages are not as helpful as they might be :().

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    This is the section in the Wiki that describes the support for remote controls:

Remotes and Input Devices

There is a page right at the end of that section called "Mapping Buttons" which describes how to use the "Mapping" panel in "MP Config". Bear in mind that there are always improvements that can be made to the Wiki (which is another way of saying that some of the pages are not as helpful as they might be :().

Thanks....I'd found that page....but limited myself to the HID bit.....:oops:
    Hoping to get the 'MiniTV' mode bit working too....but can't spot the link to that so far!!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Hoping to get the 'MiniTV' mode bit working too
    Hmm, I am not exactly sure what you mean by "MiniTV mode" :confused:. Do you mean the display of a live-TV (or live-video) thumbnail on relevant MP panels? If so, that is dependent on the skin you are using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom