Can I make these small changes via the config files...? (1 Viewer)

ArdrichF

November 7, 2014
Home Country
Australia Australia
I am new to MediaPortal (came from SageTV) love the StreamedMP skin but really would like a couple of tweaks. Can I maybe make these changes myself via the config ?

- See more files listed in the 'Videos' section. Increase the viewable window size so more files are listed vertically. Maybe decrease the font size, would that help too ?
- See more of the file name in the 'Videos' list. Increase the viewable window size so more of the file name is seen horizontally. There is so much space not used around the list of files in the Video section.
- Add the Progress Indicator to the 'Series' list of files. (Love the progress indicator on the 'Video' list, just add it to the 'Series' list)

Also, can we make the global font size even smaller ?

(Screenshots added for clarity)

Thanks for your time !
Ardrich
P.S Yes I have a big TV, and just want to see the empty space utilized better. First world problem :)

Attachments

• series_screen.jpg
    series_screen.jpg
    107.1 KB
  • videos_screen.jpg
    videos_screen.jpg
    88.7 KB

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    some of the things you mentioned are possible but looking at the screen cap of the videos section it looks like you have not set up you media and mediaportal in the best way.

Why do you have almost human in the tvseries plugin and in the videos section?

You cant see all the file name because it is just showing the filename, videos is primarily intended for movies not tv episodes, if you scan in your movies folder it will show the movie name only and the big blank space will then show the movie synopsis and the screen capture will be replaced by a movie poster/dvd cover

ArdrichF

November 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I understand what you are saying, I don't want to use Tvseries at all really, as I like to see the folder structure I made and browse, etc. So forget about the tvseries please. 'Videos' is better to view and use organizationally, and you get a Progress Indicator
    The distinction between a 'movie folder' which is a Blue-ray rip or a 'video folder' that has a bunch of mkv's of Play School doesn't really matter to me. Whether its a movie or a bunch of TV series files... they are still a folder that I carefully organize. You can understand that if you have 50 or more folders then browsing is easier with more lines.
    Anyway if you know a way to increase the vertical and horizontal size of the file area under 'Videos', and possibly forego the pics, thumbs, etc, great!

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Brensbach (HE) ehemals Görlitz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    these changes only go about editing the corresponding xml ;)
    For example: I did exactly the opposite, as you like. (screen) less / smaller because fanart
    it even lacks a lot of streamed org, you can completely rebuild skin but only on the xml
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP

Attachments

• filme.jpg
      filme.jpg
      416.9 KB
    • filme1.jpg
      filme1.jpg
      264.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom