Can I switch off 'audio description'?....(Watchdog error too) (1 Viewer)

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Am presently running MP 1.20 as media player....WITHOUT TV SERVER!!

Problem has developed.....somehow, I've flipped a setting, and can't find my way back!

Now....Audio Description is always the default

....I need to disable it....switch it off totally.
Is there a setting for this.....now driving me crackers!!!???

Watchdog is returning an error....and wont produce logs!!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Audio Description is always the default
    My HTPC is broken at the moment :cry: so I cannot check, but I think that either there is a setting for audio description, or it depends on which audio channel you have selected. Either way, I think that this is accessed via the on-screen display (OSD) when video is playing. Press the INFO button and explore all of the settings that you can access from there (press UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, and OK to access the different sub-menus).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Audio Description is definitely selectable via the OSD or Context menu, see the 1st and 2nd sceenshots, in this case German is the regular audio and the "mis" has audio description. If, however I select the Audio Description it plays but on restarting the vid (recorded from TV) it defaults back to the std. German. I have not found anywhere in the settings where you can change the audio default, except maybe in the LAV Splitter, see 3rd screenshot. Have you been playing with the LAV settings?
    4.jpg3.jpg 5.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom