can i watch my movies on my iphone with ipimp? (1 Viewer)

st_claire

Portal Member
December 14, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

I installed iPimp using the MediaPortal remote control web installation option. I don't have a TV server, as I only want to watch recorded media for now. I have the iPimp working well. I want to know if there is a way to watch my media files on my iphone using ipimp. Do I need the TV server for this?

:D

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
iPiMP currently streams Live TV, TV Server Recordings and My TV Series media. Support for My Videos & Moving Pictures media will be added in a future version.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
TV Series should be shown in your MediaPortal client menu. If the iPiMP web app can access the selected TV episode media file then it will display an option to stream it.

st_claire

Portal Member
December 14, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
I click the TV episode, and it plays on the PC, but the iPimp only shows options of "remote control" and "now playing". There is no streaming option that I can see.

loadme

Portal Pro
January 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: can i watch my movies on my iphone with ipimp?

When you select an episode you should see a menu item to stream and a menu item to watch (on the client). If the stream option isn't appearing then it means the iPiMP server cannot access the TV episode media file. This is mentioned in the first post here. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ipimp-518/ipimp-5-1-0-released-89370/

Hey Cheezey,

i ran into the same problem.
But checking my TV Series settings I only figured out, that import paths are already set to UNC paths.

MP config -> plugins -> my tvseries -> import ->

all paths to directorys to check for episodes are in the format:

\\SERVER\Folder\Series
from what i understand, this already is a UNC path
if i access a local episode (import path: c:\episode for example), then "Stream" button is available.

am i missing something?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Please read the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post some logs.
:D

I'll put extra logging into the next version to help debug this.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Re: AW: Re: can i watch my movies on my iphone with ipimp?

When you select an episode you should see a menu item to stream and a menu item to watch (on the client). If the stream option isn't appearing then it means the iPiMP server cannot access the TV episode media file. This is mentioned in the first post here. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ipimp-518/ipimp-5-1-0-released-89370/

Hey Cheezey,

i ran into the same problem.
But checking my TV Series settings I only figured out, that import paths are already set to UNC paths.

MP config -> plugins -> my tvseries -> import ->

all paths to directorys to check for episodes are in the format:

\\SERVER\Folder\Series
from what i understand, this already is a UNC path
if i access a local episode (import path: c:\episode for example), then "Stream" button is available.

am i missing something?

Try disabling your firewall in the client and see if that helps ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom