Can media portal record streaming video with adskip like playon? (1 Viewer)

Shannon S

October 25, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
We recently cut the cord a few months ago and have been using a setup that involves a Roku 3, Playstation Vue, and a Playon Server running from a computer. We have had endless issues with failed recordings from playon and are looking for an alternative. MediaPortal looks attractive to me because of the integrated DVR with Comskip. Our primary use of Playon has been to record episodes from channels like SyFY, AMC, FX, and broadcast channels so we can watch them with without commercials. Does MediaPortal have a similar feature that allows recording with comskip from these websites? We do have cable logins for the websites from PlayStation Vue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi. This is planed but not ready now. Our Wiki is in the middle of a transfer process from one software to a much better one. Behind the curtains there is lots of work going on regarding the documentation. Sadly there are only a few people who have time to work on this so it will take a while until it's finished. The Icons are...
Hi. This is planed but not ready now. Our Wiki is in the middle of a transfer process from one software to a much better one...
It would be nice to have a "Media Portal 2 for Windows Media Center Refugees" document/topic... I have successfully installed MP2...
Replies
Views
ZDF Mediatek Live:- Only Arte works, all the others say "Unable to Play. No URL" it has been that way for ages. I posted here some while back. Catchup content seems to be OK. Can we ever expect to see fixes for OV, BBC2 Live died recently too.:(
ZDF Mediatek Live:- Only Arte works, all the others say "Unable to Play. No URL" it has been that way for ages. I posted here some...
GitHub repository | Wiki | Skinning Guide | Available Sites | German Thread History I restarted development on the OnlineVideos...
Replies
Views
i cant set up a download folder. i made a download folder but when i try to download it says to set up a download folder in config? any help on how to do this?
i cant set up a download folder. i made a download folder but when i try to download it says to set up a download folder in...
I just came across this plugin and it looks pretty cool. The problem is that we have a very slow (although "high Speed") DSL...
Replies
Views
Closing this looong thread due to the new release. Discussions now here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/onlinevideos-2-0-0-0-2015-03-26.130171/
Closing this looong thread due to the new release. Discussions now here...
Google Code project | Wiki | Skinning Guide | Available Sites | German Thread History I restarted development on the OnlineVideos...
Replies
Views
I have used MP for 5 months, three of which involved a fairly high level of experimentation and learning. The HTPC is now very stable and easily usable by the wife. Most quirks have been ironed out and I now feel knowledgeable enough to give constructive feedback to the team about suggested improvements. Don’t get me wrong, the...
I have used MP for 5 months, three of which involved a fairly high level of experimentation and learning. The HTPC is now very...
I have used MP for 5 months, three of which involved a fairly high level of experimentation and learning. The HTPC is now very...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom