Can not get Channles to work. (1 Viewer)

skyler8675

Portal Member
January 21, 2006
I just bought this program off of ebay which i now found that could be downloaded. Well i installed it and im having a problems getting my Ati Tv wonder pro working. I think that the channles are not configuered or somthing. Can some one take me step by step though it. Thanks

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    you'll probably need to post details of your system here ( read the "Read This First" post in the bugs section), but first things to check are:

1) is the ATi a software or hardware based TV card? If it's software, then MP doesn't support these (very well in early versions or at all in later versions).

2) if you have been able to detect and autotune your TV card then the next step may be to assign the channels to the card. MP Config/TV/TV channels/Cards.

Hope you didn't pay too much for MP. There's a running battle with these people on this site.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hi Skyler,

First of all, you'll need to use the support template so we know what version of MP you are using (very important) and what settings/hardware you have. This all makes a big difference to running MP, since no two computers are alike.

If you are not sure if your card is hardware or software, hopefully someone else may know and can post here.

Describe the steps you take to set it up. When you say that it detects your card, what does MP call the card when it is detected? This is also pretty important.

Does Autotune work and find your channels? Is this where you are having issues?

skyler8675

Portal Member
    January 21, 2006
    When i auto tune my channles i see it going thoure it and i see each channle and a clear pcituere comes up so i know my cards working. My problem is when i go into MP and go to tv all i get is a blue screen. now im thinking its somthing im nto doing right with the channles.

Now Im running a AMD 2600 with a Nvida 5200. I have 1 gig and a half of ram and 120gig hard drive. I have ypdated my direct x and all the microsoft stuff i need. My ait sodtware works great wathcing tv but i dont want to use that. Thanks for every thing. if you need any more info please tell me i want to get this working ASAp. Thank you so much.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Here is the support template location. We can't help you unless you take the time to fill this out:
    http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2766
    By not using the template, you have given us some information but left out a whole lot more, including the bit that I already said was the "very important", ie the MP version.

Please use the template. Your problem could be related to the version, the codecs or a whole lot of other things.

You also need to specify what happens after you tune. When you go to MP configuration, TV > TV channels do you see your channels listed there? Now if you click the tab marked TV cards in that section you should see your card at the top and also a list of all the channel on the left hand side.

Before you reply, take the time to read through my posts again and make sure you have answered all the questions I asked. Believe it or not, I am asking because I do need to know these things to fix your problem, not just to fill my scrap book.

I know you are frustrated that a)you paid for it and b)it doesn't work, but you need to slow down and answer these questions.

Also, have you tried to get support from the person you paid for the softare? He came on here once and justified the cost saying he privided full support. I'd be leaving negative feedback stating that there is no support and that he sole you free software...

skyler8675

Portal Member
    January 21, 2006
    Area: Media Portal Program / Media Portal Documentation / Media Portal Skin / Plugins / Other
    MP Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1
    Skin: mce
    Windows Version: Windows xp pro Sp2
    CPU Type: AMD 2600
    Memory: 1.5 gigs
    Motherboard Chipset: Soyo KT600 Dragon Plus V1.0
    Video Card: Nivida 5200
    Video Card Driver: Newest on the Site I think 4.34.20.27.06
    Video Card Resolution: 1024 x 768
    Video Render Type: VMR9 or Overlay ( i have no idea...)
    Video Codec Type & Version: Mpeg2Decec Filter
    Audio Codec Type & Version: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
    TV Card: Tv wonder pro, Ati
    TV Card Type: Catalyst
    TV Card Driver: 9.08
    Optional Log: parts of the "/log/MediaPortal.log" which show an issue
    Optional References: any reference

Synopsis: Tv is not showing up, Thinking its channle problem.

I have included all the information above i could find. If theres somthing there i dident put up there i couldent find it. Tell me where and i would.

I also have inclued Pictuers of all my setup screen and mabye that will help even further. Thank you for all your help.

Thank you again for your help and ill provide you with any more info you need.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    OK, first of all, the bad news.

Your TV card is a software based card. This means that it is only slightly supported in the version of MP that you are using and is not supported at all in any upcoming versions. Software based cards rely on the CPU to do all the hard work whereas hardware based cards do it all themselves.

I would probably first of all recommend installing the latest version of MP, v .2 RC2 and applying a CVS update from around mid Jan (nothing more recent!). There are instructions for this on the MP home page (top left corner, -Daily CVS). You will probably need to modify your capturecarddefinitions.xml file for the TV card to work. I can send you one if needed.

Change your video renderer to VMR9. This is seen in the first screen shot you posted. You'll get better performance.

With regards to the channels, I have heard of this problem, but it didn't effect me so I didn't pay much attention to the solution. Hopefully someone else did and will post here. I have a feeling that if you do the upgrades I mention this may resolve things for you.

The most important thing is that you have to have the channels appearing in the TV channels list in the set up program. Once this is resolved getting your system working should be a piece of cake.
    It may also be necessary to manually add them. Do you know the frequency of the channels in your area?

skyler8675

Portal Member
    January 21, 2006
    Well thanks for the news. I was thinking about taking back the card ihave now and getting this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat01151&id=1114638478841

if i do that will that solve the Cpu problem and let me run mp how it should be?

Also ill try what u said when i get home today after school. I do not my channle frequencys but i live in Houston Tx is that helps.. lol. Thanks for all the help.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    skyler8675,
    Your better off playing it safe and buy any of the following cards, they all work with MP, now and in the future.
    Hauppauge PVR-150(MCE), Hauppauge PVR-250(MCE), Hauppauge PVR-500(MCE)(dual tuner) These cards are true hardware encoder tuners.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    That is also a software card you listed so it also isnt supported. If you go hauppauge you need something like a PVR-150, PVR-150MCE, PVR-250 etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom