Can not locate icon or app to execute "MP Configuration" (1 Viewer)

ldarms44

Portal Member
November 2, 2015
Huntsville, AL
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
After downloading Media Portal 2 can not find a way to get to or execute "MP Configuration'. There is an icon for "MP TV Tuner Configuration" but not one for "MP Configuration'. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

There is no such software - settings are done completely from within MP2. Only teh TV part requires external configuration first.

ldarms44

Portal Member
    November 2, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Home Country
    Hi,

There is no such software - settings are done completely from within MP2. Only teh TV part requires external configuration first.
    In the Quick Start instructions on the MP website it states the following: After installing MediaPortal, start MediaPortal Configuration using the shortcut on your desktop or in the Start Menu under Team MediaPortal. Please explain what this means.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You're right, our wiki (manual) does say that... in the "MediaPortal 1" section. As HTPCSourcer tried to explain, you have chosen to use MediaPortal 2 so that advice does not apply. MediaPortal 1 does have an external configuration program called "MediaPortal Configuration"; MediaPortal 2 does not.

ldarms44

Portal Member
    November 2, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Home Country
    In the Quick Start instructions on the MP website it states the following: After installing MediaPortal, start MediaPortal Configuration using the shortcut on your desktop or in the Start Menu under Team MediaPortal. Please explain what this means. I have done everything to get this program to work. I have done the TV configuration. When I open Media Portal I get 6 rectangles titled Browse Media, Audio, Videos Movies, Series, & Images. I can do nothing with these rectangles. There has got to be something to configure these rectangles. That is why I need a MP Configuration Icon!! What am I doing wrong-what did I miss. Somewhere I read something that I need a remote. Where do I get this remote? I have a remote for my Windows Media Center. Please Please give me some help here. My email is ldarms44@netzero.net.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In the Quick Start instructions on the MP website it states the following: After installing MediaPortal, start MediaPortal Configuration using the shortcut on your desktop or in the Start Menu under Team MediaPortal. Please explain what this means.
    I already explained as best as I can. There is a shortcut for MediaPortal 1, but MediaPortal 2 (which is completely different) does not have an external configuration program... so there is no shortcut.

When I open Media Portal I get 6 rectangles titled Browse Media, Audio, Videos Movies, Series, & Images. I can do nothing with these rectangles. There has got to be something to configure these rectangles. That is why I need a MP Configuration Icon!!
    As HTPCSourcer already told you: the configuration/settings are accessed from inside MediaPortal 2, instead of in an external program. Other rectangles - including a settings one - should become available if you scroll either left/right or up/down.

What am I doing wrong-what did I miss.
    Scroll using the arrow keys on the keyboard.

Somewhere I read something that I need a remote. Where do I get this remote? I have a remote for my Windows Media Center.
    You don't need a remote. You can use a remote if you want to, but you don't need a remote to use MP 2. A keyboard is sufficient.

My email is ***.
    Sorry, I will not be emailing.

ldarms44

Portal Member
    November 2, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Home Country
    I have done everything to get this program to work. I have done the TV configuration. When I open Media Portal I get 6 rectangles titled Browse Media, Audio, Videos Movies, Series, & Images. I can do nothing with these rectangles. There has got to be something to configure these rectangles. That is why I need a MP Configuration Icon!! What am I doing wrong-what did I miss. Somewhere I read something that I need a remote. Where do I get this remote? I have a remote for my Windows Media Center. Please Please give me some help here.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not really.

1. Use your keyboard to navigate
    2. Look for Settings
    3. Configure your media sources

There is a tutorial somewhere in the MP2 section that was written by Lehmden

ldarms44

Portal Member
    November 2, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Home Country
    Thank you, SCROLL is the magic word! Why did they not put a simple statement: "Scroll to see more rectangles"? Better yet if they made the rectangles smaller they could put them all on one page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom