Can not scan only Single Transponder? (1 Viewer)

lujo

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 BETA-1 rev23491
MediaPortal Skin: Blue
Windows Version: Windows Vista SP1

1. TV Card: TechniSat SkyStar 2 TV PCI
1. TV Card Type: version 2.6D
1. TV Card Driver: 4.5.0.0 date 16-09-2008

When I try to "Manual Scanning" I can't select Single Transponder. The button can't be selected. Only Transponder List (NIT) can be selected. But when I try that I get 4 transponders and if I try to scan for channels I get only 0 channels....

I have to scan whole satellite (Astra 19.2E - 80 transponders), that is the only thing what work.

Is there any solution to use Manual Scanning?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    a) Manual scan of single frequency is not yet implemented for DVB-S
    b) If ScanNIT returns only 4 frequencies, the used transponder doesn't have a maintained NIT (it's in choice of provider). try other transponders

lujo

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    a) Manual scan of single frequency is not yet implemented for DVB-S
    b) If ScanNIT returns only 4 frequencies, the used transponder doesn't have a maintained NIT (it's in choice of provider). try other transponders

I have scanned for this:

12574 H
    tp 109

DVB
    SR 22000
    FEC 5/6

But I get "Found 4 Transponders. Would you like to scan those?" when I psess Yes the result = 0 channels.

But now I have scanned whole Astra 19.2 and if I try same Transponder List scan I get also "Found 4 Transponders. Would you like to scan those?"

When I accept (Yes) now is whole Astra 19.2 again scanning.....

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    usually using the default satellite list is fine for most users.

the ScanNIT is only an advanced feature to look for available frequencies inside the "Network Information Table" that is broadcasted (instead of reading them from satellite file)

lujo

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Is Transponder List (NIT) only used to find more Transponders and not channels?
    Because I get only this:

If I know that there are 4 transponders what can I do with that info. I am interested in channels and not transponders.

Why is not possible to select one of the founded transponders to scan it?

And can you tell me when it will be possible to select 1 transponder and scan it.? Only one.

And when I do Transponder List (NIT) Scan. What is button Save for?
    Thank you.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Because I get only this:

If I know that there are 4 transponders what can I do with that info. I am interested in channels and not transponders.

And can you tell me when it will be possible to select 1 transponder and scan it.? Only one.

Thank you.

Yes, scan NIT only looks for available transponders. You can save the list (in your case 4 tp's). After this it should be available inside the Satellite List, calling "manual_scan". You can scan this.

the behaviour and layout for DVB-C and -T got already changed to make handling easier, but I had no time for DVB-S yet

lujo

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Because I get only this:

Thank you.

Yes, scan NIT only looks for available transponders. You can save the list (in your case 4 tp's). After this it should be available inside the Satellite List, calling "manual_scan". You can scan this.

the behaviour and layout for DVB-C and -T got already changed to make handling easier, but I had no time for DVB-S yet

Please do DVB-S also. :)
    DVB-S is much more important than DVB-C or DVB-T :p;):D

:D

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Its already availible in last SVN

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I installed the last SVN pack and this option is still unavailable to me.
    Am i doing something wrong?

When I try a full scan, TVService stop responding after a couple minutes and scan hangs.
    Scanning a single transponder at a time would be a work around for the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom