[no Bug] Can not update plugins for 1.2Beta (1 Viewer)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Those logs are not from a 1.2.0 beta version. So unless you have upgraded since then, that will explain the reason why you are struggling.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    WHY DO SAY THAT THIS IS NOT A BUG?!

When I try to update without mpeinstaller via the link above I get for:

Moving pictures: warning sign saying MP 1.1.6 (I click ok and install is aborted)

MP TV-series: It appears you are not running a version of mediaportal that is supported by MP TV-series. Please upgrade to MP 1.2 SVN and try again.

Online videos: This version of online videos requires mediaportal 1.2 or higher

Right, the first two plugins are .exe installers. The plugin developers choose to distribute their plugins in this way.

Same for TVSeries.

The team have no control over the behaviour of those installers.

However, I have just downloaded the MovingPictures installer http://moving-pictures.googlecode.com/files/moving-pictures-1.2.1-setup.exe

and it installs fine with the MediaPortal 1.2.0beta here. What 'warning sign' do you get (take a screenshot).

For the OnlineVideos plugin, I downloaded from http://mp-onlinevideos2.googlecode.com/files/OnlineVideos0.29.0.1.mpe1

and installed.

It updated my OnlineVideos plugin with no problems.

I will have a look at the logs you have now posted, but I suspect that something is wrong with your MediaPortal installation.

Edit: rekenaar beat me to it. Error between user and keyboard ;)

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Okay, so Twinturbo is trying to install plugins intended for 1.2.0beta on a 1.2.0alpha setup, and posting a bug report in the 1.2.0beta forum.

Once again, as a message to everyone, you need to post logs. Three team members have responded to this thread, trying to help or to obtain the required information. Had logs been posted with the initial report, we would have spotted this immediately, given the correct advice without anyone becoming frustrated, and then spent the rest of the time processing genuine bug reports.

I think we need to stick with our supposed policy of simply deleting bug reports without logs. Hopefully community members will understand why this is necessary.

Mark

Twinturbo

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Okay, so Twinturbo is trying to install plugins intended for 1.2.0beta on a 1.2.0alpha setup, and posting a bug report in the 1.2.0beta forum.

Once again, as a message to everyone, you need to post logs. Three team members have responded to this thread, trying to help or to obtain the required information. Had logs been posted with the initial report, we would have spotted this immediately, given the correct advice without anyone becoming frustrated, and then spent the rest of the time processing genuine bug reports.

I think we need to stick with our supposed policy of simply deleting bug reports without logs. Hopefully community members will understand why this is necessary.

Mark

The problem is that I have upgraded to 1.2.0beta!
    I have done the installation and everything went fine, no error message after installation...

log is attached as I said before ;-)

Those logs are not from a 1.2.0 beta version. So unless you have upgraded since then, that will explain the reason why you are struggling.

I upgraded to 1.2.0beta last saturday, so those logs should have been done after upgrade to 1.2.0 beta.

I will take a fresh log and be back in a few minutes

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Mark

I have done the installation and everything went fine, no error message after installation...

Well, the log you have posted shows you have 1.2.0alpha installed. The installation may seem to have worked. In that case, that is the error.

I recommend downloading the 1.2.0beta installer again, re-installing. Check that the installer clearly indicates that it is 1.2.0beta.

Check the version of Mediaportal.exe that you have installed (should be 1.1.7).

Either way, there is no reason to believe there is a bug with the extension installers.

Mark

Twinturbo

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Mark

Well, the log you have posted shows you have 1.2.0alpha installed. The installation may seem to have worked. In that case, that is the error.

I recommend downloading the 1.2.0beta installer again, re-installing. Check that the installer clearly indicates that it is 1.2.0beta.

Check the version of Mediaportal.exe that you have installed (should be 1.1.7).

Either way, there is no reason to believe there is a bug with the extension installers.

Mark

Ok, I will try to install 1.2.0 beta later tonight then and will be back later to report if there is any change

Thanks for now!

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    What are these logs meant to show that the others did not?

If you have ran the installer then it has failed at some point.

On TV side you have
    Code:
    [         INFO]   MediaPortal TV Server / Client installation
    [         INFO]   Logging started: 22.11.2010 20:35:39
    [         INFO]   installer version: 1.1.5.0
    and when you run installer this gets replaced first so TV server install has not tried to run since 22 November last year. Also you have TSWriter logs going back a while too.

Unfortunately there is no way to figure out what has happened so the only thing we can suggest is to rerun the installer again. After that check it shows that you are on version 1.1.7.0. If it does then fine else please create a new bug report about failed update

Twinturbo

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Installed 1.2.0beta again with the same result :(
    Not able to upgrade plugins and so on :((((

Will attach new log in a few minutes...

What are these logs meant to show that the others did not?

If you have ran the installer then it has failed at some point.

On TV side you have
    Code:
    [         INFO]   MediaPortal TV Server / Client installation
    [         INFO]   Logging started: 22.11.2010 20:35:39
    [         INFO]   installer version: 1.1.5.0
    and when you run installer this gets replaced first so TV server install has not tried to run since 22 November last year. Also you have TSWriter logs going back a while too.

Unfortunately there is no way to figure out what has happened so the only thing we can suggest is to rerun the installer again. After that check it shows that you are on version 1.1.7.0. If it does then fine else please create a new bug report about failed update

OK, will do a new post with new title and log then

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    In my log directory, I have a file called

install_1.1.7.0_2011-05-04_18-32-19.log

which tells me I at least tried to install version 1.1.7 (which is 1.2.0beta) on 4th May 2011 at 18:32 pm.

You should have a similar file, most probably in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log

Is your current install to a different path? Are you doing an update or clean install?

Edit: what is the name of the file you are trying to install?

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom