Can´t reboot, power-off windows xp with tvservice working (1 Viewer)

Theodor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2005
    Løten
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    2 - I can´t power of or reboot my PC if not before stop tvservice manually, manually because is hang (I can do it, pressing key CTRL + "choose", forcing to reboot)

I had the same problem. After disabling the option: "Allow service to interact with desktop" under "Log On" for the TVService the computer shuts down without any problems.

I hope this solves your problem...

- Theo

defcon5

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2006
    Barcelona (Catalonia)
    2 - I can´t power of or reboot my PC if not before stop tvservice manually, manually because is hang (I can do it, pressing key CTRL + "choose", forcing to reboot)

I had the same problem. After disabling the option: "Allow service to interact with desktop" under "Log On" for the TVService the computer shuts down without any problems.

I hope this solves your problem...

- Theo

Thanks Theodor
    I´ll test this at home

Cheers

Freuli

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Hi,

I have the same Problem. Where can I find the settings you changed?

Thanks

Makus

Hi,

I think, I have an other solution. Ich disabled the offline ( I don't know the englisch word) Dateien.

Markus

Theodor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2005
    Løten
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I have the same Problem. Where can I find the settings you changed?
    Markus

Go to:

- "Start" - "Run"
    - Type: "services.msc"
    - Open the service: "TVService"
    - Look in the: "Log On" tab
    - Remove the marker in: "Allow service to interact with desktop"

Good luck :)

tatus

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried Theodor's tip, this is what happens on my system (MP client is not running in all cases below, only TvServer is started):

- when TvServer's powerscheduler is disabled-> suspend works, after resuming system hangs with black screen
    - when TvServer's powerscheduler is enabled -> no reaction on suspend button; stopping service -> computer suspends immediately, resume works as well
    - when TvServer is not running -> suspend and resume work fine

I use latest SVN's, my system is based on WinMCE2005, all updates installed.

I think part of the problem is related with TV card drivers that do not allow a clean suspend/resume. It would be favorable to let TvServer handle suspend requests and close TV card drivers before going to suspend. However this does not solve the problem with PowerScheduler enabled.

megacrypto

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2006
    I had the same problem here, but when i ticked off the 'allow to interact with desktop' in the services, it restarted with no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom