Can you access the TV Guide while watching a recording without going live?

Discussion in 'General Support' started by scoot13, January 27, 2012.

1. scoot13

scoot13 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm using MP 1.2.2 and I am not sure if I am missing something but I have not found a way to look at the guide or schedule an upcoming show without viewing Live TV. I do most of my TV watching by timeshifting and if watching a recorded show, it seems like I have to exit out to "TV" on the MP Menu, then wait for live TV to start, then pull up the guide and schedule what I want, then exit out and reload the recording that I was watching.

Is there a way to go directly to the TV Guide while still watching a recording? I am using the Schedules Direct plugin and capturing from a Hauppage 1212 HD-PVR.

I am really new to MP so I apologize if this is a very simple thing that I missed.

thanks!

Scoot

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. powermarcel10
    • Team MediaPortal

powermarcel10 Retired Team Member

Callcenter Agent
    Ratings:
    +1,028 / 4
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    I have configured a button on my remote to the tv guide.. So it doesnt matter what I'm doing in Mediaportal; I can always enter te tv guide..

Should that also solve your problem? Or do I not understand the problem..

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.234386,6.611671

• Like Like x 1
  4. AtTimesPerplexed
    • Premium Supporter

AtTimesPerplexed MP Donator

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    There should be a "Guide" button on your remote, if indeed you use a remote.
    Also in the "Settings" menu the "TV" section can be changed to not automatically turn on LIVE TV (TV - MediaPortal Wiki) allowing faster access to items in that menu.

• Like Like x 1
  5. scoot13

scoot13 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks guys... just plodding through all the info. I haven't been using a remote, because I am watching on my PC but that will be the answer to my prob for sure. I will be using a remote soon as I have a new GPU on order (this one doesn't have an HDMI out) to allow me to run a cable to my HDTV. In the meantime, I am just trying to learn the program a little better.

I knew that it would be something simple that I was just skipping over... I got the IR Blaster working finally so now I think I am ready to replace the ReplayTV (Standard Def) DVR in the living room with this MediaPortal PC.

6. elliottmc
    • Team MediaPortal

elliottmc Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +5,503 / 13
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I assume you have MP set to automatically turn on live TV when you enter the TV module.

Otherwise you can enter the TV module and select the button that says 'TV guide'.

Mark

7. scoot13

scoot13 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Yes, initially I did need to toggle that setting. I had changed it after AtTimesPerplexed's post and that stops the LiveTV and prevents the IR blaster from sending a channel change in the middle of a recording, which was the major annoyance.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!