Can you access the TV Guide while watching a recording without going live? (1 Viewer)

scoot13

Portal Member
January 16, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm using MP 1.2.2 and I am not sure if I am missing something but I have not found a way to look at the guide or schedule an upcoming show without viewing Live TV. I do most of my TV watching by timeshifting and if watching a recorded show, it seems like I have to exit out to "TV" on the MP Menu, then wait for live TV to start, then pull up the guide and schedule what I want, then exit out and reload the recording that I was watching.

Is there a way to go directly to the TV Guide while still watching a recording? I am using the Schedules Direct plugin and capturing from a Hauppage 1212 HD-PVR.

I am really new to MP so I apologize if this is a very simple thing that I missed.

thanks!

Scoot

scoot13

Portal Member
January 16, 2012
Home Country
Thanks guys... just plodding through all the info. I haven't been using a remote, because I am watching on my PC but that will be the answer to my prob for sure. I will be using a remote soon as I have a new GPU on order (this one doesn't have an HDMI out) to allow me to run a cable to my HDTV. In the meantime, I am just trying to learn the program a little better.

I knew that it would be something simple that I was just skipping over... I got the IR Blaster working finally so now I think I am ready to replace the ReplayTV (Standard Def) DVR in the living room with this MediaPortal PC.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I assume you have MP set to automatically turn on live TV when you enter the TV module.

Otherwise you can enter the TV module and select the button that says 'TV guide'.

Mark

scoot13

Portal Member
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Yes, initially I did need to toggle that setting. I had changed it after AtTimesPerplexed's post and that stops the LiveTV and prevents the IR blaster from sending a channel change in the middle of a recording, which was the major annoyance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom