Cannot complete TV Server install: error in database location (1 Viewer)

CSMR

Portal Member
March 26, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am trying to install Mediaportal with TV Server. I tried many versions, including current x64 and new prerelease x86, and upgrades as well as uninstalls. I always get this error:

"Connection failed! Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts."

Any way around this?

I would suggest MP moves to SqLite or Realm in future to avoid installing db engines on end user machines with the extreme complexity implied.

Attachments

• dbissue.PNG
    dbissue.PNG
    81.5 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    as well as uninstalls
    When you uninstall MP, it leaves some things behind. So for a complete uninstall, you should do this:
    • Run the MP uninstaller.
    • Run the MySql uninstaller.
    • Go to the "ProgramData", and "Program Files" folders, and delete all folders that have "Team MediaPortal" or "MySQL" in the name.
    • Reboot.

"Connection failed! Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts."
    This sounds like firewall or antivirus software getting in the way. I don't use any on my HTPC, so I am not sure what to suggest. You could try disabling the firewall/antivirus before installing MP, and see if that makes a difference. I think that the installer should configure the firewall/antivirus to allow communication between TV Server and the MP client, but perhaps there is something unusual about your setup.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CSMR

Portal Member
    March 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Thank you. The full uninstall worked.

The info in your post should be added to Uninstalling MediaPortal . That page claims that selecting the "Full Product Cleanup" gives a "clean uninstall" when it doesn't and extra manual steps are needed.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you. The full uninstall worked.

The info in your post should be added to Uninstalling MediaPortal . That page claims that selecting the "Full Product Cleanup" gives a "clean uninstall" when it doesn't and extra manual steps are needed.
    To be fair the normal uninstall is usually more than sufficient. I regularly uninstall and reinstall MP 1 as part of the testing process and only very rarely have I needed to use the manual procedure posted by @CyberSimian to overcome the error you ran into. I also believe there is a procedure to repair the MySQL install in the event the data needs to be retained.
    Whatever please note to the best of my knowledge the wiki can be ammended and edited by anyone so you could add the manual steps yourself.
    Quote:-
    This wiki contains some basic information about MediaPortal 1. If you are interested in contributing to the documentation (or in any other way), please take a look at the contribution guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom