Cannot connect client to TV Server (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

I have done a complete new install on my faithful lounge HTPC. This is now a client only and feeds from the dedicated TV Server in the basement.

I have tried for several hours to get it to connect to TV Server, and it will just not do so. I can access all shared folders on the server, the server can access the Lounge PC. I have set the TV Client hostname to 'server', and also to the IP address of the server but still no go.

When MP starts up it throws up the dialog box of "Connection to TV Server lost". When I go into the TV section, the page asking to specify TV Server name pops up. After a couple of minutes of a 'frozen' screen (I presume the client is trying to connect) - I get the dialog box - "Some ports seem to be blocked" - 31456 (TCP) RemoteControl, 3306 (TCP) MySQL Server. After click OK I then get another dialog box "TV.... Unable to connect to TV Server. Unable to connect to database. Please check firewall"

This is certainly something I have never seen before in 3 years of using MP. All other clients connect OK. MP is enabled in windows firewall on the lounge PC. The lounge PC is accessible through the Homegroup - I really am stuck now.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Update - I realised the previous setup had a fixed IP address. I went into the IPv4 settings and put a fixed IP there and restarted, and it worked! Jeeez! :confused: I have spent 7 hours on this last night and this morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom