Cannot connect HDHomeRun tuner (2 Viewers)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Opened TV Configuration and found the same result. No ATSC tuner.
    If I recollect correctly, there may be several logs that are missing from the zip file because those logs are placed in a non-existent folder :eek:.

Before testing again (with TVE 3), I would suggest that you create this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Log\​
    This might provide some more logs (but there again, it might not). :confused:
    -- from CyberSimian in the UK

Gibber77

February 25, 2024
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I went to create the new log folder as suggested but it was already there so I compared the contents with the contents of the zipped log file that I had attached and there was one file that was not included in the Zipped log folder. It was the TsWriter.log file. I have attached it below.

I also tried TV Mosaic and it immediately found the HDHomeRun tuner and the channel scan found all my local channels.
    So does that confirm that the HDHomeRun and network/firewall are properly configured for TVE3?
    I launched MP2 TV Configuration again and still no ATSC channels.
    Any recommendations on where to go next? Stick with TV Mosaic and MP2 2.5 or something else?

Attachments

• TsWriter.log
      262.2 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    there was one file that was not included in the Zipped log folder. It was the TsWriter.log file. I have attached it below.
    I have had a look at the "TsWriter.log" file, but nothing stands out as being unusual (but I am not an expert in reading log files, so there may be a clue there for someone who knows what to look for).

I also tried TV Mosaic and it immediately found the HDHomeRun tuner and the channel scan found all my local channels ... Any recommendations on where to go next? Stick with TV Mosaic and MP2 2.5 or something else?
    If TvMosaic works for you, I would suggest using it for a week or two to see if you are happy with it.

An alternative to MP2+TvMosaic would be MP1+TVE 3. MediaPortal is one of those cases where in years past there was a divergence of opinion on how the product should move forward, so the development team split. MP1 is still being developed, and the next release should arrive within the next 7 days. Caution: you would want 1.33 Final, and definitely not the hated MP 1.32.

MP1 is a more mature product, and so is perhaps more stable. On the other hand, MP2 can do some things that MP1 cannot, such as picture-in-picture and a centralised database. Of course, MP1 still uses TVE 3, but it is packaged differently to the version of TVE 3 in MP2, so MP1 may work with your tuners whereas MP2 does not.

If you decide to try MP1, uninstall MP2 first (they cannot co-exist on the same system).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I suspect, that TVE3 with MP1 will have the same issue as with MP2, because it’s the same TVEngine using the same configuration. We have also other users where your TV card worked with MP2, so the issue is elsewhere and specific to your system configuration. TVMosaic could be a solution, try it for some time.

Unfortunately we do not have a TV expert anymore, your logs do not show any potential issues :(

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I went to create the new log folder as suggested but it was already there so I compared the contents with the contents of the zipped log file that I had attached and there was one file that was not included in the Zipped log folder. It was the TsWriter.log file. I have attached it below.

I also tried TV Mosaic and it immediately found the HDHomeRun tuner and the channel scan found all my local channels.
    So does that confirm that the HDHomeRun and network/firewall are properly configured for TVE3?
    I launched MP2 TV Configuration again and still no ATSC channels.
    Any recommendations on where to go next? Stick with TV Mosaic and MP2 2.5 or something else?

First, please set your TV Server log verbosity to Debug level.
    Next, can you post list of your BDA Source Filters from GraphStudioNext (Graph->Insert Filter)? See example of attached pic.

Attachments

• BDA.JPG
      BDA.JPG
      102.1 KB

Gibber77

February 25, 2024
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I set TV Server log to "extended info". Could not find a debug level.
    Opened graphstudio and clicked insert filter
    When I clicked to select a filter BDA Source Filters was not an option.
    The only BDA choices were BDA Network Providers and BDA Transport Information Renderers.
    I have attached three screen shots of the results of those choices.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
      Capture1.PNG
      56 KB
    • Capture2.PNG
      Capture2.PNG
      55.2 KB
    • Capture3.PNG
      Capture3.PNG
      48.7 KB

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I set TV Server log to "extended info". Could not find a debug level.
    Opened graphstudio and clicked insert filter
    When I clicked to select a filter BDA Source Filters was not an option.
    The only BDA choices were BDA Network Providers and BDA Transport Information Renderers.
    I have attached three screen shots of the results of those choices.
    Well, if there is no BDA Source Filter, then the TV Server will not find any device.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So the BDA driver is not installed correctly, is corrupted or similar and it’s not about firewall or virus scanner blocking access.

Dunnlor

Portal Member
    September 14, 2019
    Virginia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more detail if this is of interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom