[fixed] Cannot Create Graph when switch from ATSC to Analog channel (1 Viewer)

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
June 18, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
MediaPortal Version: MP 1.2 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: Default Wide
Windows Version: Windows 7 64bit
CPU Type: Intel Atom Dual Core 1.6Ghz
HDD: 250GB 5400RPM
Memory: 4GB DDR2 SO-Dimm
Motherboard: N/A
Video Card: Nvidia ION
Video Card Driver: 270.61 WHQL
Sound Card: REALTEK
Sound Card AC3: HDMI
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge 1950
1. TV Card Type: Analog, ATSC, QAM
1. TV Card Driver: 72drv_28113
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Eastlink
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Harmony 650
TV: Sony KDL-40EX400
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I've recently updated to 1.2Beta after running 1.2Alpha. Everything seems to run great except for an issue I'm having with LiveTV.

Steps I use to reproduce:
- Start up MediaPortal (using Default Wide Skin, but have the same issue with several skins)
- Go to TV, watch Analog channel, all is well.
- Switch to ATSC digital station, all is still well.
- Switch back to an Analog station - get error 'Cannot create graph'

If I use MP Web Interface to reset the TV Service I can start watching Analog stations again.

Hope there is enough information here.

Rob
:D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Rob

Good bug report *thank you*. :D
    There is definitely ample information there for me to see the problem. This is not a "pause graph" issue (although by the looks of your logs you sometimes have trouble tuning to channels over and over again, so if it were me I would change that setting to "stop"). This is a genuine bug, probably with hybrid tuner handling. Hopefully I'll be able to reproduce it this evening with my own tuners. In any case, sit tight and I'll try and post something for you to test in 4 hours or so (I'm still at work).

mm

oskar242000

Portal Member
    May 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Cannot Create Graph when switch from ATSC to Analog channel

Hi there,

I´ve got exactly the same problem with terratec HTC USB XS HD. I can start TV in analogue mode the switch to DVB-C and after back switching to analog I get the unable to build graph error. Debug option" Always reset graph" did not help neither switching to stop when card is in idle mode. After restarting the TV-Server everything is ok until i switch back to dvb-c and analog again. Had no Problem with 1.2.0 alpha. If you need further logs please ask...:D

Greetings

Oskar

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi folks

You are absolutely right. I am also able to reproduce... and I found the problem.

Can you please try this fix:

1. Stop TV Server.
    2. Take a backup of the TVLibrary.dll in your TV Server install folder.
    3. Download and extract the attached TVLibrary.dll into your TV Server install folder.
    4. Start TV Server.

After that, try to reproduce the problem again. Hopefully if I've done things correctly then you won't be able to find another problem...

mm

[Edit: mantis]

Attachments

• TVLibrary[1.2.0b_hybrid_tuner_switching].zip
      159.4 KB

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    mm1352000, you are a god! I tried it and it worked like a charm. No issues what-so-ever now switching between channels. Thank you so much for your quickly reply.

Rob

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for testing the fix so quickly for me Rob. I'll do what needs to be done to make sure the issue is resolved in 1.2.0rc.

:D

oskar242000

Portal Member
    May 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Same for me. Works perfectly...The only the thing left that I still need now is an non stuttering software encoder, but that´s another story..

Greetings and :D

Oskar

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Cannot Create Graph when switch from ATSC to Analog channel

Hi Oskar

Same for me. Works perfectly...
    Excellent. :)

The only the thing left that I still need now is an non stuttering software encoder, but that´s another story..
    I'd recommend the ATI AVIVO encoders. They don't require too much CPU, produce reasonable quality picture and sound, not too much lag, can encode for multiple tuners simultaneously, they're *free*, and most importantly I find them to be extremely reliable. Can't beat that if you ask me!

PS: you don't even need an ATI/AMD tuner to use them! :D

[Edit: see here for a bit of a "review" of the software encoders I've tried.]

oskar242000

Portal Member
    May 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Well, I tried the avivo codecs but there the sound is stuttering. Same for intervideo. With cyberlink the sound is ok but video is stuttering. With the card came the magix software with the main concept encoders. Which work perfectly within the software but unfortunalty the encoders don´t show up in mediaportal. I think it has something to do with the 64bit windows 7 and the pretty fast system. I ve a phenomen X4 running at 3GHZ maybe the cpu is just a little bit to fast for these old codecs and therefore it gets out of synch. I will try to slow down the machine and then check again...

Greetings Oskar

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Cannot Create Graph when switch from ATSC to Analog channel

Hi again Oskar

Well, I tried the avivo codecs but there the sound is stuttering. Same for intervideo. With cyberlink the sound is ok but video is stuttering. With the card came the magix software with the main concept encoders. Which work perfectly within the software but unfortunalty the encoders don´t show up in mediaportal. I think it has something to do with the 64bit windows 7 and the pretty fast system. I ve a phenomen X4 running at 3GHZ maybe the cpu is just a little bit to fast for these old codecs and therefore it gets out of synch. I will try to slow down the machine and then check again...

Hmm, okay. Well two things in response:

1. If the Mainconcept ones work well for you then would you like to try and add support for them in TV Server? Note that you'll need to be using either MP 1.2.0a or MP 1.2.0b...

2. The issue with stuttering is *very* unlikely to be caused by your CPU. It is more likely to be caused by either a video frame rate or audio sample rate mismatch with the tuner and the source signals, or possibly your monitor. Have a look at the settings on the second tab ("settings") for your analog tuner(s) and make sure that the correct video standard, frame rate and frame size are selected (wiki page -->here<--).

My recollection for myself is that either or both the Cyberlink and Intervideo codecs like to run at 30fps, which does not work so well for people like me who are trying to watch PAL 25fps signals...

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom