Cannot disable MPTray (1 Viewer)

octessence

Portal Pro
May 8, 2012
Germany
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have MP1 on my htpc, but I like to run MP2 releases to see how things are going and to report issues if I come across them. On MP1, I use MPTray in order to be able use the green start button on my MCE remote to launch MP1.

By default, MP2 has its own MPTray with a different icon. This causes both MP1 and MP2 to start when I press the green button so I need to disable the MP2 version of MPTray. The issue is that I don't seem to be able to do this.

The does not seem to be an executable for the MP2 version of MPTray and there is nothing in the usual startup locations for this:
- not in the Startup folder
- not in msconfig.exe
- not in registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

So from this, I have to conclude that the MP2 version of MPTray is just part of the MP2 service or at least the service is spawning it. I have tried looking for a configuration option in MP2 to disable MPTray, but can't find anything.

On the tray icon itself, the open to "Add to Autostart" is enabled and "Remove from Autostart" is disabled so it should already not be started. I have tried enabling the autostart and then removing it, rebooting in between. No luck.

So at the moment, I have to remember to close this when I boot otherwise I get problems with the WAF.

Tarkus

October 19, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You can disable it in Task Manager in the Startup tab (Windows 8.1). For older Windows versions, msconfig probably will do the trick.

Tarkus

October 19, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sorry, I only thought of msconfig as an afterthought, so missed that in your post.

In the Startup tab of my Task Manager, it's listed as MediaPortal 2 Client Launcher. I'm surprised it's not there in msconfig. When I try to look here, it simply tells me to use the Startup tab in Task Manager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom