Cannot Grab EPG for ATSC channels (1 Viewer)

rajack

Portal Member
July 28, 2006
MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version:
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Has anyone actually gotten an ATSC channel to place its EPG information in the SQL, Program table?

I am using a WinTV-HVR-1600 card and everything else seems to work fine. All channels show a PMT=0 if that helps.

I can see the EPG (VCT or EIT) information when I use TSReader v7.42 on the same machine and the same card and tune to PhyiscalChannel 24, MajorChannel 21, MinorChannel 1. It shows PAT=0, TSID=769, PMT=48, PCR=49, VPID=49, APID=52, MGT=0x1ffb and all of the EPG (EIT) information for 48 hours.

Thank you in advance,

RJ

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe it's not implemented yet.
    It would be interesting if it works for the others and what channel/provider you are trying to get the epg from

rajack

Portal Member
    July 28, 2006
    It should work the same as DVB-T. The only difference is that the USA uses an 8VSB encoding. The Channel Name is ION. The Service Provider is Unsupported. The Physical Channel is 24. The Major and Minor are: 21-1. The TSID is 769 and the EPG information (what TSReader shows as EIT/ETT) is all there when using TSReader v7.42.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's true but i am currently working on the epg and have compared our solution with the way mythtv works.
    I found out that there seem to be different descriptors for ATSC and also a different encoding.
    Haven't seen that in TVServer.

rajack

Portal Member
    July 28, 2006
    Yes, I believe the TVServer may not be interpreting the stream information properly for ATSC. Most of its development takes place in Europe and ATSC is only available in the USA (typical for us to be different).

If one of the TVServer developers is USA based and has access to an ATSC signal, they can download a free copy of TSReader from www.coolstf.com. I think the current version is 2.7.45 and hopefully the free version will give you the same information (I have a paid version). Use the ATSC-BDA interface.

Thanks,
    RJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom