cannot install mediaportal 1.16 (1 Viewer)

johnvaut

Portal Member
November 3, 2022
Home Country
France France
Hello,
I am trying to reinstall mediaportal 1.16 but I get an error message "no internet connection found! to continue the installation an active connection is required".
the tests were done under windows 10 and windows 7
Why 1.16? simply because I use wifi remote to control via my ipad and iviewer which is a great tool but stopped after 1.16.
Someone would have a solution for me because I want to throw my pc out the window?
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• mediaportal.png
    mediaportal.png
    168.9 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Confirm same problem here.:eek: Downloaded MP 1.16 and got the exact same error, so don't throw your PC out the window just yet! I do seem to recall there was a change in the source of something from the internet for more recent versions so I guess maybe the old source is no longer available and that is the reason for the error. That could be BS though, maybe @doskabouter could help?

johnvaut

Portal Member
    November 3, 2022
    Home Country
    France France
    Confirm same problem here.:eek: Downloaded MP 1.16 and got the exact same error, so don't throw your PC out the window just yet! I do seem to recall there was a change in the source of something from the internet for more recent versions so I guess maybe the old source is no longer available and that is the reason for the error. That could be BS though, maybe @doskabouter could help?
    Okay thanks, so my pc will have a bit of a reprieve :).
    It's still a shame that we can no longer use iviewer because it was really great for controlling MP with ipad

johnvaut

Portal Member
    November 3, 2022
    Home Country
    France France
    I would wait a bit there could be a workaround.
    Thank you very much anyway, I'll wait a bit then.

otherwise maybe you know if there is an alternative to mp iviewer for 1.30?

Attachments

• MediaPortal_iViewer_Home.png
      MediaPortal_iViewer_Home.png
      5.8 MB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    nothing springs to mind at the moment.
    Do you know (or are willing to check) between which versions it changed from non-working to working?

johnvaut

Portal Member
    November 3, 2022
    Home Country
    France France
    nothing springs to mind at the moment.
    Do you know (or are willing to check) between which versions it changed from non-working to working?
    no, I have no idea when it changed to non-working but i can try to search.
    Otherwise, in the meantime, I carried out other tests. I installed 1.30 and noticed that if I installed wifiremote via the site instead of the download software it worked. I have absolutely no idea why but strangely it works.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    no, I have no idea when it changed to non-working but i can try to search.
    Otherwise, in the meantime, I carried out other tests. I installed 1.30 and noticed that if I installed wifiremote via the site instead of the download software it worked. I have absolutely no idea why but strangely it works.
    No, the other way around. when it changed from non-working to working.
    If I know the first version that is working I can try to figure out what (by checking the changelogs/commits for that version) was wrong and how to (possibly) fix it for the 1.16 version.
    But if your system is working again with the latest Mediaportal, that's even better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom