Cannot Play 4K UHD Blu-ray on 1.32 X64 (1 Viewer)

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm not sure that this works on 32-bit, but if I try to play a 4K UHD Blu-ray (Using makeMKV, modified firmware, and AnyDVD HD) the default menu comes up and if I select the entry I want, I get an error message that I captured in the attached screenshot.

I am also attacing the log files collected with Watchdog.

I can, however, play Blu-ray disks.

Unfortunately, I'm not finding the page to enter the system specs for this system

Windows 11 22H2
    Ryzen 9 7900X
    Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB
    32GB RAM

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 4kuhd_blu-ray_attempt.png
      4kuhd_blu-ray_attempt.png
      2.4 MB
    • MP_Logs_SKYVIEW2_23_11_01_22_03.zip
      86 KB
    Last edited:

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi, the BDReader.ax direct show filter currently does not support HEVC video codec. I'll try to implement this codec but it takes some time.
    You can try to disable internal BluRay player (Configuration->Bluray->BlurayDiscs/ImagesPlayer. MP will use LAV SourceSplitter to play the disc.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Hi, the BDReader.ax direct show filter currently does not support HEVC video codec. I'll try to implement this codec but it takes some time.
    You can try to disable internal BluRay player (Configuration->Bluray->BlurayDiscs/ImagesPlayer. MP will use LAV SourceSplitter to play the disc.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will give that a try soon and post the results here.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Preliminary version of BDReader(Internal BluRay Player) supporting HEVC codec to play UHD BluRay disc for testing (MP 1.32).
    Please note the BluRay codec section now includes selection for HEVC filter in MP configuration.
    Install: just unpack the content of the zipped file to MP application folder(better to backup original files).

Edit: use only with latest(final) 1.32 release build

Attachments

• BDReader.x64.zip
      3.2 MB
    • BDReader.x86.zip
      3.2 MB
    Last edited:

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Preliminary version of BDReader(Internal BluRay Player) supporting HEVC codec to play UHD BluRay disc for testing (MP 1.32).
    Please note the BluRay codec section now includes selection for HEVC filter in MP configuration.
    Thanks. The x64 version of MePo is too unstable for me, but I will give the x86 version a try sometime soon. Are there instructions in the zip as to how to install it?

Thanks again.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Install: just unpack the content of the zipped file to MP application folder(better to backup original files).
    I just tried the x86 version and it played the 4K UHD BR disk no problem. There was no menu however, to select titles, or play the disk menu.

I also tried a regular Blu-ray., and that did not play. It did, however, show a menu with the titles, but none of them played.

Thanks!

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello @Pablik

i don't know if i done an feedback about x64 thread, but BD player, seems doesn't work since x64/sharpdx changes.
    on the previous build, playing bluray worked.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom