Cannot Play 4K UHD Blu-ray on 1.32 X64 (2 Viewers)

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hello @Pablik

i don't know if i done an feedback about x64 thread, but BD player, seems doesn't work since x64/sharpdx changes.
    on the previous build, playing bluray worked.
    Can you post some logs? I was testing both UHD & regular BluRay (on current 5180 branch) without problems.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    anyway thank you to support MP Audiorenderer and this part of MP, since @tourettes left, HEVC was something missing.
    Thanks,
    the MP Audiorender update is about implementing a different sound stretching process - RATE. The current one uses TEMPO mode - where sound pitch does not change. That is good, but produces some sound distorsions, which is quite annoying to hear.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you post some logs? I was testing both UHD & regular BluRay (on current 5180 branch) without problems.
    i will try, but don't know when !
    you must try bluray wuth BDJ menu, for now ( on my work PC, not the best for testing, because can't/don't want install 3rd part sofware, not for my job )

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    i will try, but don't know when !
    you must try bluray wuth BDJ menu, for now ( on my work PC, not the best for testing, because can't/don't want install 3rd part sofware, not for my job )
    I'm using MakeMKV (libmmbd64.dll (for x64) copied to MP application directory) to play original BluRay discs inserterd in the drive.
    BDReader is not responsible for reading the disc. Libbluray library deliveres the data stream. BDReader then works as splitter.
    Libbluray itself can't decode the disc, but can use other libs(libaacs, libbdplus, libmmbd) to read the disc.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @Pablik I don't know if you caught my edit to my post above where I said I was able to play 4K UHD Blu-ray with your new BD Reader component. However, the new BD reader, while it does play 4K UHD Blu-ray no longer plays ordinary Blu-ray disks. It does bring up the "Titles" menu for regular Blu-ray discs although selecting any of the titles results in nothing happening - the selected title does not play.

To summarize:
    With the new BD Reader, 4K UHD Blu-ray discs play, regular Blu-ray discs no longer play.

Thanks for your efforts!

Hello @Pablik

i don't know if i done an feedback about x64 thread, but BD player, seems doesn't work since x64/sharpdx changes.
    on the previous build, playing bluray worked.
    Are you using the 1.32 X64 "Final" build? I found that regular Blu-ray discs would play on the 1.32 X64 final build, but not on the 1.32 X64 pre-release build.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    I found that regular Blu-ray discs would play on the 1.32 X64 final build, but not on the 1.32 X64 pre-release build.
    Oh, I forgot to mention, that. The new libs were compiled against the master branch. So it should be used with the latest release only. I don't garantee the functionality with older releases.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Oh, I forgot to mention, that. The new libs were compiled against the master branch. So it should be used with the latest release only. I don't garantee the functionality with older releases.
    @Pablik Please pardon the fact that I have taken so long to get back to you on this. Life has been crazy for me recently.

When I tested 4K UHD Blu-ray, it was with 1.32 X64 final.

I am now using 1.32 X86 final due to the known issues with the X64 version, however, I am not using the 4K UHD X86 test version that you supplied. I am having a problem playing regular Blu-ray disks on 1.32 X86. What happens is that if I run MePo and try to play a Blu-ray, it takes a long time to display even a title menu from which I can choose any title. Then, when I select a title from the menu, nothing happens - that is - the selection fails to play.

When I run MePo with the MediaPortal watchdog and select "Report a bug to Team Media Portal" and attempt to recreate the bug, and try to play any Blu-ray, the title menu comes up, except this time, it shows the JS Menu entry (it does not display this when run outside of the WatchDog) and when I then select a title to play, the Title plays.

I figure that there has to be something in my settings that are over-ridden by MePo WatchDog that allows the Blu-ray to play. I am attaching a log file collected by WatchDog that I hope will include the logs for the failure to play the Blu-ray when it was run outside of MePo WatchDog as well as the log of when I tried to play the Blu-ray within MePo run by the WatchDog.

I wonder if this gives a clue to the behavior I saw with the 4K UHD Blu-ray version when it would not play regular Blu-ray disks but would play 4K UHD disks.

I am willing to help debug the problem of the 4K UHD Blu-ray version not playing regular Blu-ray disks if you would like me to, but I do not know if time will allow me to do so until after the 15th of December.

Thanks for your efforts with the Blu-ray plugin.

Attachments

• MP_Logs_SKYVIEW_23_11_22_20_39.zip
      1.6 MB

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    I am now using 1.32 X86 final due to the known issues with the X64 version, however, I am not using the 4K UHD X86 test version that you supplied. I am having a problem playing regular Blu-ray disks on 1.32 X86. What happens is that if I run MePo and try to play a Blu-ray, it takes a long time to display even a title menu from which I can choose any title. Then, when I select a title from the menu, nothing happens - that is - the selection fails to play.
    Unfortunatelly, the log includes run from WatchDog only (when the plaback works).
    The problem with the long time before the playback could be in MediaInfo. I know from my experience, the MediaInfo can take more than 2 minutes to scan some Blurays (stored on NAS).

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Unfortunatelly, the log includes run from WatchDog only (when the plaback works).
    The problem with the long time before the playback could be in MediaInfo. I know from my experience, the MediaInfo can take more than 2 minutes to scan some Blurays (stored on NAS).
    @Pablik Sorry about that. Here's a log just after another fail at playing a Blu-ray with a different disk. I collected it with the WatchDog option to collect all the current logs. I closed MePo after the failed attempt and collected the logs with WatchDog. With any luck, this has useful information.

Thanks again for all your help.

Attachments

• MP_Logs_SKYVIEW_23_11_23_14_12.zip
      1.8 MB

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    This is weird:
    Code:
    [2023-11-23 14:12:11,573] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 DShowNET.Helper.DirectShowUtil.ReleaseComObject(System.Object)'.
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.BDHandler.Player.BDPlayer.RenderCustomGraph()
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.BDHandler.Player.VideoPlayer.GetInterfaces()
       at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR7.Play(String strFile)
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.BDHandler.Player.BDPlayer.Play(String strFile)
       at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Play(String strFile, MediaType type, TextReader chapters, Boolean fromPictures, Int32 title, Boolean forcePlay, Boolean fromExtTS)
       at MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.FakePlayer.MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.IPlayer.Play(String strFile, MediaType type)
       at MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.Play(Int32 iSong, Boolean setFullScreenVideo)
       at MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.PlayNext(Boolean setFullScreenVideo)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.PlayMovieFromPlayList(Boolean askForResumeMovie, Int32 iMovieIndex, Boolean requestPin)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.OnClick(Int32 iItem)
       at Common.GUIPlugins.WindowPluginBase.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoBaseWindow.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

Are you using this old 'Bluray Handler' plugin? Bluray Handler 0.9.7
    Try to disable this plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom