Cannot Play 4K UHD Blu-ray on 1.32 X64 (1 Viewer)

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is weird:
    Code:
    [2023-11-23 14:12:11,573] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 DShowNET.Helper.DirectShowUtil.ReleaseComObject(System.Object)'.
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.BDHandler.Player.BDPlayer.RenderCustomGraph()
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.BDHandler.Player.VideoPlayer.GetInterfaces()
       at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR7.Play(String strFile)
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.BDHandler.Player.BDPlayer.Play(String strFile)
       at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Play(String strFile, MediaType type, TextReader chapters, Boolean fromPictures, Int32 title, Boolean forcePlay, Boolean fromExtTS)
       at MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.FakePlayer.MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.IPlayer.Play(String strFile, MediaType type)
       at MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.Play(Int32 iSong, Boolean setFullScreenVideo)
       at MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.PlayNext(Boolean setFullScreenVideo)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.PlayMovieFromPlayList(Boolean askForResumeMovie, Int32 iMovieIndex, Boolean requestPin)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.OnClick(Int32 iItem)
       at Common.GUIPlugins.WindowPluginBase.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoBaseWindow.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

Are you using this old 'Bluray Handler' plugin? Bluray Handler 0.9.7
    Try to disable this plugin.
    Thanks.
    I must say that this is confusing. I had the 0.9.7 BDHandler plugin installed, and then uninstalled it. I tried again to play a blu-ray, and it failed. I then went back into MP Config, and disabled the BD Handler "process plugin" and then tried again. This time, playing the same blu-ray was successful.
    If its helpful, I am attaching a log file and a screenshot of the configuration utility showing the BD Handler process plugin disabled. The log file should show my attempt at playing a blu-ray after removing the 0.9.7 plugin and then after disabling the BD Handler process plugin.

Might I suggest that the BD Handler plugin be removed from the list of available plugins and that whatever it takes to remove the BD Handler from the process plugins section and disable it be done if it has not been done already?

Anyway, I think the problem is solved. Thanks for your help.

Do you think that the 4K UHD enabled blu-ray player would now also play regular blu-ray disks? If so, I'll reinstall it and try it out.

Attachments

• MPBR_Plugin_Config.png
      MPBR_Plugin_Config.png
      294.6 KB
    • MP_Logs_SKYVIEW_23_11_24_11_19.zip
      1.8 MB

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    The log file should show my attempt at playing a blu-ray after removing the 0.9.7 plugin and then after disabling the BD Handler process plugin.
    The last attempt works becouse the plugin is disabled, though still loaded upon start of MP.
    If you want to be sure, you can delete the 'BDHandler.dll' file from the 'process' folder.

Do you think that the 4K UHD enabled blu-ray player would now also play regular blu-ray disks? If so, I'll reinstall it and try it out.
    Here is the latest compiled version of BDReader for 1.32. It works with both 4K and regular BluRays.

Attachments

• BDReader.x64.zip
      3.2 MB
    • BDReader.x86.zip
      3.2 MB

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The last attempt works becouse the plugin is disabled, though still loaded upon start of MP.
    If you want to be sure, you can delete the 'BDHandler.dll' file from the 'process' folder.

Here is the latest compiled version of BDReader for 1.32. It works with both 4K and regular BluRays.
    Thanks again for all the help.

I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the MePo configuration utility.

I also downloaded the X86 BDReader plugin that you posted. Renamed the existing files in the MePo folder, and copied the updated files to the MePo folder. For the most part, everything is working well enough to play both Blu-ray disks and 4K UHD Blu-ray disks.

There are a couple of niggles.

First, on two different blu-ray disks, the "Menu" (i.e., the Java menu) item failed to display. On a third, it displayed, but when I attempted to play it, my screen went black - displaying nothing. I think I have java installed properly, but that could still be my java configuration.

On the UHD Blu-ray disk, it displayed the "Menu" item, however, when I attempted to play it, the screen turned black as with the one blu-ray disk where the "Meun" item appeared and I attempted to play it.

I'm attaching another log file collection just in case that helps.

Note, however, that there is an instance where I had not run the new configuration program that was included in the zip file, and a blu-ray failed to play. I figured out that I needed to run the configuration program, and then the blu-ray played. So, please ignore that if it is in the log files.

Thanks again for all your help.

Attachments

• MP_Logs_SKYVIEW_23_11_25_10_51.zip
      1.9 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom