Cannot play any blu ray (1 Viewer)

Muffsack

Portal Pro
June 24, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

thank you very much for your quick reply. Is PowerDVD also usable with the remote control or are there other settings I need to make for it?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In my experience PowerDVD is not very compatible with a remote set up for MP, for me Play/Pause, Stop and Right/Left/UP/Down navigation buttons work as expected and Info will in some screens bring up a menu but I have a mouse function on my remote and use that most of the time to get around it. PowerDVD 18 does have an option to scan in a QR code that apparently allows you to pair it with a smart phone and use that as a remote control but I have never tried it.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Further to the above I tried to install the PowerDVD Remote app on my smart phone (Android 13) but the play store said it is not compatible with my phone and I found nothing about it on a quick search on the Cyberlink website so looks like it is no more! There are some configurable hotkey options but no idea if they are still available with the latest version or what remote control options are possible with the latest version.

Muffsack

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I found the problem in my configuration without PowerDVD.

In the past I had configured the following setting: "Use internal Blu-ray menu player" and it works - slowly but it worked fine.

As described, this suddenly stopped working after an update in the last few months.

Yesterday, as a test, I deactivated this check box and it works again with the internal player - and also a bit faster.

So I don't need to configure PowerDVD anymore.

Thanks to everyone, for your hints and tips!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom