Cannot play any blu ray (3 Viewers)

Thomas0571

Portal Pro
July 22, 2018
Home Country
Germany Germany
I disabled internal player, and get a black screen . after i close mp start it again and start again the bluray, i am asked if i want to play it from the beginning or from the second i left .

Attachments

• MP_Logs_DESKTOP-ABHIERL_23_07_30_22_28.zip
    55.7 KB

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Well, there is no error at all.
    The information about unregistered BDreader was probably wrong. The BDreader just can't load bdmv structure for some reason.
    If the "Use internal Blu-ray menu player" option is disabled then standart Video configuration (LAV source filter) is used for playback (BDreader is disabled). Looks like it still doesn't work though there is no error at all.
    I know that playback of BD disc works if BD has one main m2ts stream (checked by myself).
    I'm affraid I can't help you anymore. Sorry.

Thomas0571

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2018
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you very much for your time. Perhaps i will ask one of the author of mp.is there a way ?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It has been a very long time since I investigated the options for playing Bluray disks in MP but from memory they are encoded for protection against being played by an unlicensed player and a separate additional BD decoder was required since MP did not have a license! I maybe wrong but I believe that is still the case so @Thomas0571 do you have a working BD decoder installed?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    from memory they are encoded for protection against being played by an unlicensed player and a separate additional BD decoder was required since MP did not have a license!
    I have never used Blu-Ray, but this is my understanding too. One provider of such software is Cyberlink who sell their "PowerDVD" software:

There seems to be a free trial download that would enable you to determine if it will work with MP. But if it does work, and you wanted to continue using it, you would need to purchase the Cyberlink product.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One provider of such software is Cyberlink who sell their "PowerDVD" software:
    Just for clarification Cyberlink's PowerDVD is a stand alone media player for Windows which will play just about everything. It is what I use to play Bluray Disks, I have it set up as an external player in MP such that it automatically starts up when a Bluray Disk is inserted into the player when MP-1 is running. I would strongly recommend using PowerDVD rather than one of the often flakey and "questionable legal BD encoders" offered on the internet which are typically NOT free! Alternatively the program MakeMKV will generate a file (.mkv) copy of a Bluray disk movie that will play directly with MP's standard internal player (no menus though). MakeMKV is not freeware but does offer indefinitely renewable trials!

Last edited:

Muffsack

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

unfortunately I have the same problem with playing Blu-Ray discs. But I can't pinpoint when this problem first occurred. A few months ago everything worked fine. I bought a new Blu Ray a few weeks ago and we want to do a "movie night" with the new movie and this started the odyssey.

Since that time, unfortunately, even the discs that previously worked without problems, no longer work.

Nothing could restore the function: neither reinstalling MediaPortal version 1.31, nor the LAV driver. In the meantime I also tried to update to Win11.

I would also like to test alternatively the PowerDVD, but unfortunately I can no longer find the instructions in the forum on how to set this up as an external player and operate it via the remote control (IR Trans).

Maybe you could help me here?

Greetings and many thanks in advance

additional Info: to be able to watch encrypted discs, I use DVDFab, which has also worked without any problems so far.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    See the screenshot below for using PowerDVD as an external player, the full file location is:-

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD18\PDVDLP.exe
    Note the file name will vary depending on the version of PowerDVD you have (best )to browse for it).

pdvd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom