Cannot Play Vevo Clips Through OnlineVideos Plugin (1 Viewer)

Sanity_1977

Portal Member
December 29, 2010
Hi Guys

For sometime now I've had issues playing particularly Vevo clips but I'm fairly certain there have been others with the same error: Error Getting Playback URLs For Video

I put a working video and a video that won't work into my favorites so the logs should be almost identical until I start either clip. I have attached a separate log file for each. Both started completely empty just prior to opening MediaPortal and then playing the clip. One that works and one that doesn't.

OnlineVideo - Not Working.log --- This is the clip that gives me the error message above inside of MediaPortal
OnlineVideo - Working.log --- This is the clip that plays fine inside MediaPortal

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The not working clip works fine outside of MediaPortal. I'm pretty certain that some Vevo files do work as well.

MediaPortal v1.6.0 FINAL --- (Was happening in previous versions such as v1.5.0)
MediaPortalUrlSourceSplitter v1.0.0.3029 --- Removed & Reinstalled
OnlineVideos v1.7.0.0 --- Removed & Reinstalled

Thanks for your efforts.

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
Country flag
I guess the YouTube section of this plugin needs a rewrite? Not that I am a fan of XBMC but their YouTube plugin seems to work pretty dam good with VEVO videos. @offbyone, what are your plans for this plugin?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Yeah of cource, one little part does not work, you fail to post logs and suggest a rewrite and ask for my plans with this plugin...
    May I ask for your plans in this forum?

Anyway I published an update to the YouTube site and it should work again.

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    Country flag
    I was just asking if this plugin is going to continue to be maintained. More than happy to post logs if this helps ;-)
    I will test tonight, thanks

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I cannot test that particular video as it is blocked in Germany. (Many vevo videos are due to legal differences with google)

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    Country flag
    But there must be a way to make this work. I tested in XBMC and all works great. I really miss not been able to watch music videos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    N [fixed] [MP2-786] Cannot play audio playlist with >=1000 entries 2.2 Archive 36
    D [solved] Initital testing with second client - cannot play recorded TV General 33
    J [solved] Newbie to MediaPortal 2 - Cannot open/run TV programs Newcomers Forum 4
    caveman [solved] Cannot download new version My TVSeries 5
    B xmltv - cannot import tvguide.xml australia Installation, configuration support 0
    T I cannot get a basic media import-what is the best configuration? General 10
    Terra LAVFilter Plugin cannot be updated (MP1.23) MediaPortal 1 Plugins 10
    Baron of L/S [solved] Cannot record MediaPortal 1 Talk 3
    D Cannot get a fully populated UK Freesat EPG (DVB-S) General 14
    K [solved] Cannot get EPG populating in the UK General 7
    Terra [solved] MP TV Server cannot find any channels anymore, DVB viewer works Installation, configuration support 8
    N [solved] Cannot delete recordings from remote client MediaPortal 2 32
    U Client cannot tune channels General 1
    G [solved] Cannot skip when programme info is visible Archive 20
    O [solved] Cannot find TV DVB-T2 channels (TBS-6281SE) Newcomers Forum 7
    M [solved] WTV Files does not play on client, MPEG files works well General 1
    A [solved] How to Play All Videos in a List watch/edit Videos 3
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not shuffle Fanart Handler 20
    horned_reaper [solved] No Fanart when playing Fanart Handler 115
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not appear immediately after downloading Fanart Handler 272
    B MP 2.2.3 Error playing videos from NAS Submit: Bug Reports 2
    N Play a TV recording needs a double selection - twice ok on remote Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    M MP 2.2.3 Unable to play .ts recordings and MediaPortal stops working for TV viewing General 31
    Z Error when attempting to play Blu Ray General 1
    Rob Hexenmeister Playing with hyperlinkParameter and List Control indexes General Support 2