Cannot Play Vevo Clips Through OnlineVideos Plugin (1 Viewer)

Sanity_1977

Portal Member
December 29, 2010
Home Country
Hi Guys

For sometime now I've had issues playing particularly Vevo clips but I'm fairly certain there have been others with the same error: Error Getting Playback URLs For Video

I put a working video and a video that won't work into my favorites so the logs should be almost identical until I start either clip. I have attached a separate log file for each. Both started completely empty just prior to opening MediaPortal and then playing the clip. One that works and one that doesn't.

OnlineVideo - Not Working.log --- This is the clip that gives me the error message above inside of MediaPortal
OnlineVideo - Working.log --- This is the clip that plays fine inside MediaPortal

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The not working clip works fine outside of MediaPortal. I'm pretty certain that some Vevo files do work as well.

MediaPortal v1.6.0 FINAL --- (Was happening in previous versions such as v1.5.0)
MediaPortalUrlSourceSplitter v1.0.0.3029 --- Removed & Reinstalled
OnlineVideos v1.7.0.0 --- Removed & Reinstalled

Thanks for your efforts.

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
I guess the YouTube section of this plugin needs a rewrite? Not that I am a fan of XBMC but their YouTube plugin seems to work pretty dam good with VEVO videos. @offbyone, what are your plans for this plugin?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah of cource, one little part does not work, you fail to post logs and suggest a rewrite and ask for my plans with this plugin...
    May I ask for your plans in this forum?

Anyway I published an update to the YouTube site and it should work again.

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    I was just asking if this plugin is going to continue to be maintained. More than happy to post logs if this helps ;-)
    I will test tonight, thanks

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I cannot test that particular video as it is blocked in Germany. (Many vevo videos are due to legal differences with google)

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    But there must be a way to make this work. I tested in XBMC and all works great. I really miss not been able to watch music videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom