Cannot Playback AAC 2.0 Audio (1 Viewer)

ptmurphy

Portal Member
February 16, 2011
I am running MediaPortal 1.2.3 using the Moving Pictures plugin. I have several movies that have "AAC 2.0" listed as the audio format. These movies play back fine, but with no audio. The audio and video play back fine on the same computer using a different program (VLC Medial Player).

Any ideas why MediaPortal won't decode the audio on these files?

Thanks in advance for any direction...

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you got LAV selected for AAC audio codec?

ptmurphy

Portal Member
    February 16, 2011
    Sorry for the delay in checking this out - I got called out of town for work.

When I look at the audio decodes, they are all set to ffdshow Audio Decoder. LAV is not an option for AAC audo decoder. I have...

- ffdshow
    - Microsoft DTV-DVD
    - Monogram AAC Decoder
    - MPC MPA
    - MPC RealAudio

Should I try one of these or is the LAV AAC Decoder something I should download and install? And, should I be using LAV for everything, or just AAC?

Thanks...

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think ffdshow should work, but may need configuring, or you may be running an out of date version.

You could certainly try all of the other AAC codecs that are installed on your system and available to select, if still no luck try installing LAV via MPEI (Media Portal Extension Installer), as it is a very popular codec that seems to work for most things.

ptmurphy

Portal Member
    February 16, 2011
    OK, I appreciate the help on this. I literally spent several days trying to figure this out - different codecs, different configurations, and NOTHING worked. So for some reason I was just messing around and took the mouse to the top while the movie was playing and displayed to options. The sound showed it was all the way up, not muted, but I hit the "+" volume key, and the sound started! Not sure if this is a glitch with the sound card, the codec pack, medial portal, or what, but it seems to work now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom