Can't change setting's (1 Viewer)

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
May 5, 2012
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok to add to the strange I tested hitting my external URL inside the house on my iPad mini and error still exist. Will try this on a desktop and report back.

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
May 5, 2012
Texas
Home Country
Double checked on chrome browser on Ubuntu and everything works as it should. unable to test on windows right now. Issue does not happen on Chrome for windows. So maybe it is a touch pad issue a mobile browser issue. @Oxan do not know if your still following but I am willing to test and do whatever to help if this is truly a bug.

Last edited:

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
May 5, 2012
Texas
Home Country

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, it's not supposed to happen. WebMP doesn't do that, it's usually caused by a (broken) proxy.

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    So this is how I have everything setup

Router forwards port ourrobinsonhome.com:6800 to 192.168.6.50:8080. I have webmp set to proxied. What else do I need to do or change and from what the other poster said he is experience a similar issue.

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    Ok, I changed from Proxied to direct. With my iPhone on the network I still see the error where the is a random sting after the url. For example it is still showing 192.168.6.50:8080/(F(...bh5N_IcqHOC2i86KLPrD3pkC05yPMvXOGyNTJAoXc1))/. So @Oxan what do I need to do to get this all worked out?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't know and don't have the time to dig deep into it currently. It's probably a broken configuration of IIS, a proxy, the device, a router or something else.

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    @Oxan, I don't know if you are still following this but I have been doing more testing as I would really like to get this to work on all my devices. My question for you is how is the authentication done? The reason I ask is if I turn off authentication in MPExtended and then connect to WebMediaPortal I do not get the strange URL any more. I can also change the settings straight from my iPhone and iPad. I know you are busy working on getting the next update and other projects but any help or information on how I might be able to make a change to get this to work would be awesome.

Thanks,
    MediaCowboy

Last edited:

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    Well, I am dumb dumb. All of this appears to be a issue with mobile chrome. It all works in safari with no issue's.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, great. I'll consider this "not-a-bug" in WebMediaPortal then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom